Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Janesville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“ok stay”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I was traveling as an inspector of hotels in Wisconsin area for a news assignment and found this hotel to be a little under par for Holiday Inns..I had issues with no one answering the phone when trying to connect to internet or for wake up call. The room did not have a fridge and seems "dingy" I think this hotel is in need of some updating. Overall it was an "ok" review but like i said needs some improvements.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony B
mkshis_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel and letting us know of your concerns. We are in the planning process of a complete update to the hotel and should be completed in the next 18 months. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact me at kshisler@mhccinc.com.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Stevens Point
Reviewed March 13, 2012

This place would be last on my list. I was unable to connect to the internet with my laptop, even after calling for assistance. Almost 2 hours on the phone and still no internet. It worked at every other place I've been. Shower drain was terrible, I was in standing water. No mini fridge in room.
This place was overpriced also. On Sunday morning we had to wait an hour to get towels for the pool. I will keep on driving when I see Holiday Express.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Case Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Dear Mike G,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to make sure every guest has a wonderful
experience here and greatly appreciate the feedback if they don't.
I sincerely apologize for the problems you encountered.

Katie J
Case Manager
IHGCare
Wayzata, Minnesota
Reviewed February 27, 2012

A very helpful night staff keen on assisting with any need, was very much appreciated.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
mkshis_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, April 27, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your feelings about our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was able to assist you in the manner that you expect. We hope to see you again soon. Kae Shisler/General Manager
Mont Belvieu, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I tend to stay at Holiday Inns when I travel and the one in Janesville measured up to my expectations. This one is a bit smaller than others I have stayed at, but the checkin was quick and the room was great. The shower had great water pressure and I felt like I was taking a steam bath. It was great!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Emale73
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. I am glad that we were able to deliver on your expectations and we hope to see you again soon. Kae Shisler/General Manager
florida
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Front desk personnel lacking in efficiency. Dropped our first night's reservation. Waited forever for rooms for second night, when some were actually available. Promised a fridge/micro - waiting 3 days to receive. Food typical HI. Mattress well worn.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Sue R
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am so sorry that we were not able to follow through with the service that you deserve. I would love to discuss this further with you and make it right. Please contact me at kshisler@mhccinc.com.
Neshkoro, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Why do you expect from a stay in a motel?? You want good night sleep in a clean, secure place for a reasonable price.You get that here.The bed is a simons beautyrest .Breakfast is
included.(eggs,sausage,bagels,cereal,gravy and biscuits,toast,fruit ,sweet rolls coffee juice,milk pancakes,)The empoyees were kind and helpful.The pool was clean and they have a hot tub.This is my top pick for janesville.

Room Tip: Ask for a refrigerator
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DustyNeshkoro
Thank you so much for critiquing our hotel. I am glad that we were able to measure up to your expectations and that when in Janesville, we will be your hotel of choice. Kae Shisler/General Manager
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
Reviewed October 15, 2011

Stayed here on a Saturday night when Madison had a football game going on. I was expecting chaos. Instead, I was treated to a soft bed, large room, and overall quiet environment.

Priority Club members even get extra bonus points just for staying.

Friendly staff... even granted me late checkout.

They do a great promo with WRMN radio in Elgin IL... got me to check the place out, and I will be glad to go back!

Room Tip: I would suggest not facing the highway.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LEGGROOM
mkshis_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Janesville - I-90 and US Highway 14, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to critique our hotel and share your comments. The comments help to guide us to better serve our guests. I was very pleased to read that your stay was a pleasant one and I am glad we will be your hotel of choice the next time your travels bring you to Janesville. Kae Shisler/General Manager
kshisler@mhccinc.com