“Good Supper Club”

Hyde's on Buskey Bay
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Iron River
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We've dined here for years when visiting cousins in the area and the place is timeless. All the locals seem to know each other here. The food and drinks are OK, the service is good, and best of all you can arrive in your boat and tie it up across the street.

2  Thank trailman1943

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was appalled at the "terrible" review and for the first time decided to write my own. I have been going to Hydes at least once per month for a few years. I have always been very happy with the value received and have never felt that it was anything but a great experience from the food quality / $$, good friendly and fun loving staff to the great salad bar.I don't know what the expectations are of others, but this place is hard to beat ANYWHERE!

6  Thank Don S
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Very clean and the food was great. staff is friendly and pretty fast too.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Food served quickly and arrives at the table hot. Lightly battered, when it could be so heavy. Nice salad bar, including soups and desserts! Home-made bread, too. Friendly, professional service from Doug. We will return, we always do!

Reviewed March 22, 2012

So, here we go. Hyde's on Buskey Bay is your typical old school WI resort restaurant. The menu is pretty cookie cutter--fish fry fridays, prime rib saturdays, blah blah blah. Nothing pops. But, the owners try. On this particular visit, we did the prime rib and a steak. The steak was fine but not an extraordinary cut. I asked for medium and I got medium. So that was a plus. My husband's prime rib was cold... as in he needed to send it back ice cold. Now, I'm not sure how this happens. But it did. He got it back 3-4 minutes later and our gut says they microwaved it. It was scalding hot. The restaurant is pretty dated but the staff is friendly. And, the Friday night Fish Fry is good if you like deep fried cod. This is good value. The salad bar is ok as well.

hydeout, Owner at Hyde's on Buskey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

I would like to apologies for the mistake of the prime rib, however our cooks would never put a prime rib in a microwave, I suspect it went on the flat top to heat it up before going back out to your table. It is always best to talk to a manager or owner if something is just not right at your table. We are willing to fix the problem. We definitely want our customers happy with their dining experience.