“classic Friday night fish fry”

Hyde's on Buskey Bay
Ranked #3 of 12 Restaurants in Iron River
Cuisines: American
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“classic Friday night fish fry”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Food served quickly and arrives at the table hot. Lightly battered, when it could be so heavy. Nice salad bar, including soups and desserts! Home-made bread, too. Friendly, professional service from Doug. We will return, we always do!

Visited April 2012

Iron River, Wisconsin
“Fish Fry, etc.”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

So, here we go. Hyde's on Buskey Bay is your typical old school WI resort restaurant. The menu is pretty cookie cutter--fish fry fridays, prime rib saturdays, blah blah blah. Nothing pops. But, the owners try. On this particular visit, we did the prime rib and a steak. The steak was fine but not an extraordinary cut. I asked for medium and I got medium. So that was a plus. My husband's prime rib was cold... as in he needed to send it back ice cold. Now, I'm not sure how this happens. But it did. He got it back 3-4 minutes later and our gut says they microwaved it. It was scalding hot. The restaurant is pretty dated but the staff is friendly. And, the Friday night Fish Fry is good if you like deep fried cod. This is good value. The salad bar is ok as well.

• Visited December 2011
hydeout, Owner at Hyde's on Buskey Bay, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
I would like to apologies for the mistake of the prime rib, however our cooks would never put a prime rib in a microwave, I suspect it went on the flat top to heat it up before going back out to your table. It is always best to talk to a manager or owner if something is just not right at your table. We are willing to fix the problem. We definitely want our customers happy with their dining experience.
Meriden, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“TERRIBLE!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Typical OVERPRICED restaurant with mediocre food at best. My steak (sirloin) was an embarrassment for the price that I had to pay for it ($19). I would've expected the same quality & serving of that steak had I gone to a Ponderosa Steak House & paid the $9.95 that they charge. The baked potato was dry & definitely overcooked. It's too bad, in my experience with Northwoods restaurants, that they continue to insist on exorbitant prices, but are willing to compromise their reputations by serving absolutely sub-par dishes. Wise up folks, including the Hyde's, even the "fat cats" from Illinois will quickly tire of the atrocious food that you are so willing to not only serve to them, but also to the local population that has to settle for it, and the prices you so smuggly charge!!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank irishdiver1948
First off Id like to start by saying, no one is perfect. I have been in the restaurant business most of my life and it is not an easy thing to do, trying to please people every day. But this review is far from true. First off we dont even have a 19.00 steak, or have we ever. Our menu is based on what a small town can handle. We do not have extraordinarily high prices or will we ever. We feel that fair prices means all can go out to enjoy a night out. Our menu tries to touch all bases of people and pallets. If a person has a problem with a restaurant they should talk to a manager and or an owner to resolve the problem. I don't think a person realizes how damaging a review like this can be. We literally serve thousands of people every summer and 99 percent of them are very pleased and will return, too bad all of them couldn't write a review too. I just wish you would have come and talked to us, maybe then we could have turned your experience into a positive one!
tampa florida
“Good NW Wisconsin food”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

On one visit had the pan fried whitefish - you must call ahead as they run out. Another time had the fish fry -pollack in a light batter. Extensive serve yourself salad bar. Very busy on friday nights so make a reservation.
The food is good and plentiful, the location on Buskey Bay of the Pike Chain great.

• Visited July 2011