“TERRIBLE!”

Hyde's on Buskey Bay
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Iron River
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Typical OVERPRICED restaurant with mediocre food at best. My steak (sirloin) was an embarrassment for the price that I had to pay for it ($19). I would've expected the same quality & serving of that steak had I gone to a Ponderosa Steak House & paid the $9.95 that they charge. The baked potato was dry & definitely overcooked. It's too bad, in my experience with Northwoods restaurants, that they continue to insist on exorbitant prices, but are willing to compromise their reputations by serving absolutely sub-par dishes. Wise up folks, including the Hyde's, even the "fat cats" from Illinois will quickly tire of the atrocious food that you are so willing to not only serve to them, but also to the local population that has to settle for it, and the prices you so smuggly charge!!

1  Thank irishdiver1948
hydeout, Owner at Hyde's on Buskey Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

First off Id like to start by saying, no one is perfect. I have been in the restaurant business most of my life and it is not an easy thing to do, trying to please people every day. But this review is far from true. First off we dont even have a 19.00 steak, or have we ever. Our menu is based on what a small town can handle. We do not have extraordinarily high prices or will we ever. We feel that fair prices means all can go out to enjoy a night out. Our menu tries to touch all bases of people and pallets. If a person has a problem with a restaurant they should talk to a manager and or an owner to resolve the problem. I don't think a person realizes how damaging a review like this can be. We literally serve thousands of people every summer and 99 percent of them are very pleased and will return, too bad all of them couldn't write a review too. I just wish you would have come and talked to us, maybe then we could have turned your experience into a positive one!

Reviewed July 19, 2011

On one visit had the pan fried whitefish - you must call ahead as they run out. Another time had the fish fry -pollack in a light batter. Extensive serve yourself salad bar. Very busy on friday nights so make a reservation.
The food is good and plentiful, the location on Buskey Bay of the Pike Chain great.

1  Thank bangorlad