“souper days!”

Crystal Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Iola
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 10, 2013

wow! what a tough decision it was to choose the soup to go with the Monday snack shop special (for those of us who are under 50 and not eligible for the $5.00 senior buffet across the way) with my grilled cheese sandwich. hmmmm.... chili?... always awesome... split pea soup?...always delicious and hearty... oh and uhm navy bean and ham?... ditto. Whew! I sure am glad I had two friends with so I could have the best of both worlds and get samples of all 3- while I chose the manly choice of Chili (safe bet right?). I truly today can't tell you which was the best, as they were all splendid! Good thing I didn't have a line behind me waiting for my indecisive self while I was contemplating the decision.

3  Thank koryalmond

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stopped late on a Sat afternoon -place was quiet and service at counter was quick and friendly! We ordered a bacon cheese burger & philly cheesesteak sadwixh-burger was crispy on the edges from the griddle-a little less done would have been better but the thick sliced bacon was a perfect topping. Philly cheesesteak was some sort of thin sliced beef served with fresh grilled peppers&onions topped with creamy mozzeralla. French fries were handcut but needed some seasoning.
Tried 2 slices of pie-rhubarb custard and chocolate-definetly homemade crust(with lard)flaky and flavorful-the fillings were above average
We will stop again when in the area

2  Thank Buzde
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Quality of food has gone down, while the prices go up. They need to concentrate on the food they serve more than the new updated decor.

1  Thank NancyO162
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Simple, home-style food at reasonable prices. The server was wonderful. We had also had pie and that was ok but could have been better.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I've been dozens of small town cafes in the past two years. This rates as the best food so far. The lady there was as nice as she could be. Maybe, she read the earlier post. Neat little town!

2  Thank naviart