“Unexpected Fantastic!”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
“Unexpected Fantastic!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I have to say I have eaten in a lot of fine dining restaurants and this one is one of the best!
This place is a charming small country restaurant, with unexpectedly great food.
The staff and owner were friendly attentive and prompt with service.
The food was well portioned and very well prepared and presented in an appealing way on the plate.

There is a great selection of meals to choose from with a large selection of side dishes to choose from as well. Many of the sides are unique and awesome items that are a far cry from the ordinary. It is very apparent that whoever is preparing the food is very good at what they do and takes pride in giving the customers a very satisfying dining experience.

The little extras like a few unexpected onion rings and colorful garnishes on the plate all say "I care how this looks AND tastes"

Thank you for caring enough to do such a great job at what you do.

p.s. the ribs are awesome!!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank s h

Oostburg, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was one of the best dining experiences I have ever had! We overhead someone at the hotel recommending this place as they were talking to someone else. We thought we would try it. The place is a bit small and outside of town, but it is very cozy inside. The service was excellent, the food had huge portions and great prices. We wished we lived closer to frequent this place on a regular basis. The steak and shrimp was done to perfection, as were the ribs that my boyfriend had. We will definitely go back on our next visit!

• Visited June 2014
Hurley, Wisconsin
“Kimball Inn Revisited”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

After asking for dinner recommendations and once again being told Kimball Inn was excellent, we did some further digging for reviews. We visited in 12/11, and had a really bad experience. Upon pulling up Tripadvisor, 43 others rated the restaurant as a four or five, one had given it a three, and we were the ONLY one who scored it as a one. Hmmm. Perhaps it is worth revisiting?? Indeed it was. We had a very enjoyable meal there this evening, service was wonderful. It truly does deserve a five. We will be back! Just wish I could delete my bad review!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank Trish C
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Should have gone here first!!”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have gone to many different restaurants in this area but we're never able to find something we really liked, spending too much money for mediocre food. Tonight we found this place and wow! truly amazing food. They have a wide variety of options from steak to freshwater fish. Place was busy but service was great. Recommended to anyone!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank mfremstad5
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Remodeling make's it better than ever!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I first reviewed the Kimball in January 2012 and finally was able to return in January 2014 and what great changes we found. The Kimball has been nicely remodeled inside and has a great new bar area when you can now eat at the bar which is almost always my wife’s and my preference. That option was not available with the old and smaller bar area before the remodel. It’s now very bright and cheery inside the bar area plus the mandatory big flat screen TV is there to keep the bar crowd occupied. We were told the original and colorful owner “Mike” sold the business to I believe are some of his relatives although he is often there. We visited on New Year’s Day and the chef had some great choices. We started with a shared appetizer of calamari which was excellent. I had one of the daily specials which were a crusted fish with a great cream sauce. My wife had a steak special that she liked very much. “Mike” may be in semi-retirement, but one thing he started is still alive and well at the Kimball: Monster drinks! One drink at the Kimball is two drinks anywhere else. We both had a martini on the rocks and took great pains to s-l-o-w-l-y drink it. The wine selection is top shelf and very reasonably priced. Since New Years day fell awkwardly in the middle of the week, the Ironwood-Hurley area was very quiet with very few tourists around. However, the Kimball seemed to be the only restaurant in the area that had any business and they were very busy. I think the word is out as to where to eat in the Ironwood-Hurley area. The Kimball is an unexpected fine dining find in the far “Norte Woods”.

• Visited January 2014