“You're better off staying somewhere else”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hurley
Haven North Condominiums
Chicago, Illinois
“You're better off staying somewhere else”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our stay started off to a bad start. The office failed to tell us that the driveway had a 7 foot drop at the turn around point where my truck got stuck in a pile of snow. According to the tow truck driver this happens all the time.

Our unit had a horrible front door that would only open by slamming your entire body in to it. The unit we had was very Brady bunch with the most bizarre bed arrangements. The cable randomly shut off between every 20-50 minutes. The wifi password did not work. Upon calling the office and leaving 3 messages throughout the day, no calls were returned to remedy this problem.

If you plan on ordering delivery-forget about it. Nobody delivers in the area. The parking lot was never plowed and the front door steps were never shoveled. Our unit's thermostat was seriously messed up and one room was freezing while others were a sauna.

I will never stay here again. The only good thing about it was the semi-grocery store 100 yards away. I thought it would be a great place for our family New Years snowmobiling trip but boy was I wrong. When we decided to stay in it was miserable.

Overall, I'd say you're better off staying at the Days Inn across the street

• Stayed December 2013
3 Thank Blueformula88

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have used Haven North for 4 of our trips to visit the area. The first 3 times these condos were fantastic; clean, modern, etc. However, our last visit in 2012 was different. We got unit D-8 and it was horrible. It felt "dirty" from the time we walked in. Broken kitchen chair, headboards on the beds broken, old appliances, old dirty furniture and from the decor, it was obvious it hasn't been redecorated since the early 1980's. It says there is a Jacuzzi, and there is one. In an unfinished basement "bathroom"--complete with pipes, wires & floor studs from above showing--there is no ceiling in this bathroom! We tried to move to the Days Inn after we arrived, but they were booked.

I'm debating if we should stay here on our next visit and hope for better accommodations, or just book at Days Inn. I'm giving it a mediocre rating (instead of a 1 star), only because our 3 previous visits were very pleasant & I'm hoping we just got stuck with a bad unit this last time.

Room Tip: Do not book Unit D-8
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank MaggieD31
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My wife and I have been staying at Haven North for over 20 years . I found out about it at work our company owned one of the condos but very few employees used it in the summer. We stayed
one weekend in July and we were hooked. We love the Hurley, Ironwood Area . Water Falls, Lake Superior, wonderful Fall colors And Atv and Snowmobile trails. We go up in June with 3 other cuples every year to fish the Gile flowage we rent one condo, what a inexpensive week.
In October we go up for for the colors and fun. There are Alot of bars and Great restaurant in the area .The Haven North condos are always very clean, the manager is wonderful and goes out of her way to see your stay is great . We will be Back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 62Harold43
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Haven North in unit A II. This was a duplex and very nice and clean. There is a nice deck off the back which overlooks Lake Michelle. There is also a fireplace for those winter stays. We were there in August 2012 and the weather was beautiful. I would stay in this condo again. I heard it is one of the nicest and so well furnished! Loved it!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hurley,Wisconsin
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed in Hurley, Wi. for 4 weeks in May. Unit A-2 The condo was very clean and updated. The management and staff were courteous and competent. I have stayed at other lodging facilities in Hurley but this experience was by far the best. It was a 2 bedroom unit with plenty of room for us. Add cable TV and free WiFi and the beauty of the area it all added to a great vacation getaway. This unit had a full sized washer/drier as well!

Room Tip: If you don't have more than 4-6 people the duplex units like the one we stayed in are perfect, a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a great time vacationing in the Northern Woods. We usually go north once a year but this was our first time staying at Haven North Condo Unit G-8. You could tell the place was recently remodeled. Be sure to ask about the units since each one is individually owned and set up differntly. The kitchen was very nice and well stocked. We saved a fortune eating in. The unit has a dining room table where you can seat 6 comfortably. The furniture is all updated too. The unit has four bedrooms, two with king size beds and two each having twin beds. The log headboard is just gorgeous. Located right on the ATV and snowmobile trail. We liked to hike the waterfalls. Absolutely beautiful. Saxon Harbor/Beach is ony 15 min away if you would like to go for a swim in Lake Superior. Downtown is only a few blocks away and has tons of restaurants, bars and a few shops. Other shopping is in the area. I did a lot of shopping while my husband went ATVing. I can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: G-8 is a corner unit so I noticed it had more natural light. Remodeled. Ask about the units each a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank george l
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Went to Hurley to go snowmobiling and we stayed at Haven North in unith G-8. I can't say enough at how pleasurable our experience was. Plenty of parking for trailers. Unit G-8 was a four bedroom and was nicely remodeled. The kitchen had new hickory cabinets with a granite counter top. The kitchen was well stocked with all the neccessary pots and plates. The bathroom was roomy and remodeled with nice tile. All rooms had nice furniture and was very clean. The staff in the office was extremely friendly. Katie the new manager was so helpful and nice. I would highly recommend Haven North and will be coming back in the summer with the entire family to hike the water falls, fish and siteseeing. Thanks Haven North.

Room Tip: Unit G-8 was nicely remodeled. Had four bedrooms. Plenty of sleeping room. Also had a sleeper sof...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ron O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurley
Comfort Inn
#1 of 3 in Hurley
Indianhead Motel
Indianhead Motel
#4 of 11 in Ironwood

Been to Haven North Condominiums? Share your experiences!