“BEAUTIFUL PLACE”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hurley
Haven North Condominiums
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We had a great time vacationing in the Northern Woods. We usually go north once a year but this was our first time staying at Haven North Condo Unit G-8. You could tell the place was recently remodeled. Be sure to ask about the units since each one is individually owned and set up differntly. The kitchen was very nice and well stocked. We saved a fortune eating in. The unit has a dining room table where you can seat 6 comfortably. The furniture is all updated too. The unit has four bedrooms, two with king size beds and two each having twin beds. The log headboard is just gorgeous. Located right on the ATV and snowmobile trail. We liked to hike the waterfalls. Absolutely beautiful. Saxon Harbor/Beach is ony 15 min away if you would like to go for a swim in Lake Superior. Downtown is only a few blocks away and has tons of restaurants, bars and a few shops. Other shopping is in the area. I did a lot of shopping while my husband went ATVing. I can't wait to go again.

Room Tip: G-8 is a corner unit so I noticed it had more natural light. Remodeled. Ask about the units each a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank george l

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Went to Hurley to go snowmobiling and we stayed at Haven North in unith G-8. I can't say enough at how pleasurable our experience was. Plenty of parking for trailers. Unit G-8 was a four bedroom and was nicely remodeled. The kitchen had new hickory cabinets with a granite counter top. The kitchen was well stocked with all the neccessary pots and plates. The bathroom was roomy and remodeled with nice tile. All rooms had nice furniture and was very clean. The staff in the office was extremely friendly. Katie the new manager was so helpful and nice. I would highly recommend Haven North and will be coming back in the summer with the entire family to hike the water falls, fish and siteseeing. Thanks Haven North.

Room Tip: Unit G-8 was nicely remodeled. Had four bedrooms. Plenty of sleeping room. Also had a sleeper sof...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ron O
Reviewed January 27, 2011

Went snowmobiling with some friends last weekend and we stayed in a three-bedroom condo at Haven North. It was a very nice and clean place to stay at a reasonable price! The complex has Wi-fi and is located right next to the snowmobile trails and has a grocery store (which sells beer & liquor) right in the parking lot. My only complaint would be that the beds are a little too firm for my liking but that's the only minor issue we had. We will definitely be returning to Haven North in the future and I would recommend staying here if you're in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank bmyers25
Reviewed December 27, 2010

We come to Haven North two to three times a year to visit my Dad who is in a nursing home. We had stayed in hotels in the past, until we discovered Haven North about three years ago. Now, after seven or eight stays, we find Haven North couldn't be any more perfect for us! It is centrally located to everything you may need; and is walking distance to a large grocery store. Many restaurants are within two miles or less.

We usually stay the entire month of July. The condo's are very clean and supplied with all your needs. Every condo is privately owned and extremely well cared for by the home owner and the condo association. The weekly and monthly rates are phenomenal!

All the condos have a beautiful view of Lake Michelle. They put on the most wonderful fireworks display on the 4th of July! We are able to sit on our deck and watch them.

You couldn't ask for better service. If anything might be in need of attention, they usually send maintenance within the hour. Don, the manager, goes out of his way to make sure every need is taken care of. We can't say enough good things about our stays at Haven North. We highly recommend Haven North.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pudders25
Reviewed October 7, 2010

Haven North is a SUPER option for travelers with dogs. Not all of their condos are dog friendly, but many are and we were in a super comfy, well equipped unit for over a week at Haven North and had zero problems.

Comfy bed...roomy bathroom, decent kitchen. Sure furniture and decor is rather outdated but it's part of the appeal. People in the office were overall nice, only dealt with them at checkout but seemed nice and approachable enough.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tiffeecanoe
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Booked Haven North Condominiums in Hurley for the Paavo Nurmi 2009 Marathon for Friday, August 7th and Saturday, August 8th.

Just a short time after checking in (15 min), smoke started pouring out of the basement of our unit. After getting our 15 month old out of the unit, I went to the basement and the sauna and area outside the sauna was on fire. I tried to put the fire out with the extinguisher, but because it was mounted in the sauna and so close to the fire, it was to hot to get off the wall. I cut the electrical to the unit and put the fire out with a towel. We never started the sauna; we think the fire may have been going before we checked in?

There was heavy black smoke throughout the basement and light smoke on the first floor. I was covered in black and smelt horrible.

We called the after hours emergency # right away (did not call 911 because I put the fire out) and the manager’s (Don) wife answered and said she would send the maintenance person over. I said I wanted the manager to call me asap because we could not stay in this unit. She told me he was playing golf and in no condition to talk on the phone but he would return my call when he “felt” better.

The maintenance guy showed up a few min latter and ventilated the unit. He told us we could not stay in the unit (really) and showed us the only unit left available. My wife took one look at the unit available and said there was no way she was going to spent two nights there. The place was dirty, the lamps were all broken, bathrooms dirty, and someone used the toilet and did not flush it. He said there was nothing else he could do. So, we checked into the hotel (Hurley Inn) across the street for the two nights.

I expressed to the maintenance worker that no smoke alarms sounded and he should check that out. He said this was not his responsibility and blah blah blah.

Don never called me and the charge remained on my Visa Card. I wrote several e-mails and VM’s and he will not communicate with me. All I wanted was to be assured that he would credit back my card, I did not want anything other then that. I never yelled, and was always professional.

Overall, I would say Haven North is a dump and the management is horrible. I would never stay there again and when I tell my friends and family the story about our adventure, they can’t believe it. Luckily I have a video and photos of the fire. I have challenged the charge and will file a claim in small court if necessary.

I have posted the photos to show the fire and smoke damage. For the safety of your family and your wallet, do not stay at this “resort”. Actually, when you pull up, it looks more like a project then a resort.

They are not a member of the BBB or other hotel rating systems, and I now know why.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
5  Thank stillalarm
Ron O, Board Member at Haven North Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

I am sorry to hear about the poor experience you had while visiting Hurley. All units are individually owned at Haven North Condominiums and we recently changed our Management Staff in an effort to provide superior service. Many owners have gone to great lengths to improve and update their units and to provide you with the ammenities you deserve. We continue to strive to make improvements. I would like to invite you back up to Haven North Condominiums the next time you travel to Hurley, Wisconsin. Please remember to ask the Manager for a description of the condos available in order to better determine what will fit your needs the best. Also visit us on Facebook/Havennorthcondominiums for available pictures.

Been to Haven North Condominiums? Share your experiences!