“Still the best pizza I've ever had”

Liberty Bell Chalet
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Hurley
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2014

If you like thin crust pizza, you can't beat LB. Homemade sauce and sausage are awesome. Sadly ate a large by myself!,,,! Wife had homemade ravioli and meatballs. Too bad I have to drive 600 miles to get their pizza

1  Thank peterdr1956
There are newer reviews for Liberty Bell Chalet

Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you're looking for an awesome, unique dining experience, this is the place that delivers that desire! The thin crust, delicious-toppings pizza is paired with the BEST Caesar salad ever (mostly because of the one-of-a-kind house dressing) to give you that palate-pleasing satisfaction you never expected to find in Hurley. :-) The "Bell" is easy to locate, and has a friendly atmosphere. We used to live in Iron County, and it was a great place to get food back then (30 years ago), and it still calls to us when we return for a visit. It's a "must visit" place for us! Check it out and try to prove us wrong!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Incredible flavor! Definitely a favorite up north. I wouldn't know it was gluten free. Gnocchi and raviolis are great too!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I've lived here for many years. The bell used to be great place to eat. It's just awful now. I keep going back to see if we just had a few bad meals but it's always the same. In fact I'm writing this review after just getting take out. This is the last time we get food from there! I don't like bad talking local business but after having bad food every time over the last year, I have to say something. They have changed or don't care. The green noodles are garbage. Not even green. Tasteless, and the last three times they have been just pieces!! Linguine and clam is so fishy you can't eat it. Chicken was dry as a bone and breading was extra thick and burned parts. Pizza was the only saving grace except for the old black olives, they were bad!! I've had old meatballs, old bitter sauce on so many occasions it's crazy. Fool me once shame on you, fool me a dozen times shame on me.. Should have learned it was over many dinners ago. Always wanting to give them another chance, but no more. Adios!

2  Thank Nomore1
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Well, at the age of 53, I call tell you that I've been going to this place since my parents took me when I was 7 years old. Great staff, homemade pasta and pizza that is out of this world. They have a salad that is a meal in and of itself. Perfect for after ski and snowmobile events. I will NOT fail to eat here whenever I am in town. Now, If I could talk them into making homemade wine and selling it over the counter like they did all those years back... we'd be on to something!