“Fantastic”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Fantastic”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Great food in my opinion. Authentic German beer on tap. Dale, one of the evening entertainment singer's, is awesome, after seeing him at the Winzer Stube I asked him to sing at my wedding reception. He did and he was a hit.

Minnesota
“Great date night”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at the Winzer Stube in Hudson. It is one of our favorite places to eat. The food is always delicious, the service is great, and the city of Hudson is a quaint place to visit. The atmosphere is very pleasant, and we love having German food. Marie and her staff make you feel special. You should take the time to head to Hudson for the best German food in this country.

Visited May 2014
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Aspergarus Festival”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Five gals visited Winzer Stube for Asparagus Festival. The A. soup was very good. I have never had white asparagus and it was so tender and goood. It was interesting to have the waitress explain how white asparagus is grown and how rare it is. 3 of the gals had never been there before and were very pleased with the food and the amount.served. It was a very pleasant evening. We will re-visit again soon.

• Visited May 2014
SAVAGE
“Awesome German Food”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

If you like German food this is a place to go. It is in the basement of an old building down town Hudson. The atmosphere is authentic along with the food. It is some of the best German food I have had for awhile. Great menu and fair prices.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank JIL O
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Ehhhhhh….Slightly below avg.”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Visited over Easter weekend and it's a favorite of my sister-in-law, whose family lives nearby in River Falls. They love this place. As others have said, there is no view whatsoever, as it is in a basement. Because it was Easter Sunday, it wasn't busy at all. Service was pretty quick. I tried the mushroom cream soup and ordered the currywurst, having had it in Berlin several times. The soup was good, could definitely tell it was homemade but I felt it was a little watery for being a cream soup. Flavors were good and had plenty of nice size 'shrooms.
The currywurst had two sausages that were good, BUT, they were drowning in the curry/ketchup slop of a sauce. Just way too overpowering for the sausage. I had to scrape the sauce off the wursts so I could actually taste them. Just way too overpowering. Fries were good though. Crispy on the outside and moist on the inside. My wife's schnitzel was better but she remarked it was a little on the dry side.
My wife is Deutsch and we have traveled to Deutschland several times and we both remarked that it's impossible to compare this place to food in Germany so maybe I'm being a little harsh in my review. But we have also had better German food in Milwaukee at Karl Ratzsch's and Mader's.

• Visited April 2014