“An accommodating accommodation”

Hudson House Grand Hotel
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I'm a musician who has stayed a few nights when I have passed through. I'm always recording and told them I would be doing so and didn't want to bother any of the other guests. The hotel was pretty full and they moved me to the other side away from the other guests and I ended up getting a free upragde. They have a full free breakfest menu for all guests and a bar. some of the employee's are musicians as well so there's plenty of friendly converstion to had. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This past weekend, my family and I stayed at the Hudson House for our third time. I am not typically one to post comments on sites like these, but after our previous visit, I truly feel the need to share just how pleased we are with this wonderful find.

The Hudson House is honestly one of my favorite places to stay anywhere, and I travel a great deal staying in hotels all over the country for work. But, this place, is one of the very few places I feel completely comfortable taking my entire family. It is the only full service hotel in the area and this, by itself, far and away separates them from any other hotel in or around the Hudson area.

From the moment you walk in the lobby, the open, expansive, vaulted ceiling with the giant chandelier hung in grand fashion overhead, you know you are in a special place. We are always immediately welcomed by the friendly staff at the desk and instantly treated like we are their best customers. That experience continues throughout the hotel with any and all of the staff we encounter over the course of the weekend.

The hotel has its own full service bar and a cafe which provides you a free, full breakfast. I'm talking hot, good food too - eggs, bacon, hash browns - not this continental donut and muffin thing that you find everywhere else. And, again the breakfast is FREE as a part of your stay!

The pool and hot tub area is clean and well-kept and fully stocked with towels so you don't need to use up the towels in your room. The first time we stayed we were not aware of the full size towels they had available at the pool, so we'd taken the towels from our room. Upon returning to the room, we had then exhausted our supply of towels and wanted to shower before heading out to dinner that night. A quick call to the front desk, and once again a friendly voice assures us that they can send up new towels right away. Less than three minutes later, another friendly face was at our door with 5 new towels and she even took our old ones so that they weren't just sitting around our room.

The rooms are very nice, incredibly clean, well laid out and are fully equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. With three daughters, all of whom seem to be hungry and / or thirsty every 2 hours, the fridge and the microwave are wonderful amenities. We stopped at the grocery store down the street and stocked up on food, drinks and snacks to keep the natives content. And having the ability to pop something in the microwave to tide us over until our next meal, instead of having to run to a gas station twice a day, is a huge blessing.

The Hudson House is also home to a small dinner theater that stages four shows per year. On our last visit, we were fortunate enough to be able to attend the show they had going on at the time. It was called "Righteous!" and was the story of the Righteous Brothers. Talk about amazing. Here we are having a formal dinner and seeing a Broadway caliber show and we never had to leave the hotel. Everything from the dinner itself to the incredible music and performance was spectacular. It was a wonderful treat and a very exciting evening for my entire family.

All things considered, this is truly one of the best places we have ever stayed. If you are looking for an upscale, ultra-modern, contemporary hotel with stainless steel fixtures, random abstract art work on the walls and stuffy, two-dimensional staff . . . then this is not your place. But, if you are looking for a comfortable, "homey," clean, all-encompassing, pleasant place to stay where, honestly, you would never need to leave the hotel if you didn't want to . . . the Hudson House Grand Hotel may just be the perfect place for you. It is truly a Grand experience and an honest-to-goodness diamond in the rough.

Thank you, Hudson House and all of your staff. We will certainly be back again.

Joe K.

Room Tip: We have stayed in three different rooms, each in a different area of the hotel and have been extraor...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Joe K
Reviewed May 22, 2012

That's right. I said bed bugs. We basically threw all of our luggage, clothes and shoes away. What does a traveller have to fear more? How about diarrhea from the "fine cuisine" served there. This place was also dark, dingy, cold and it smelled bad. I called my credit card company and had the charge reversed. It was disgusting!

Room Tip: This facility was very old and poorly maintained
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank kevin b
Brittany S, Manager at Hudson House Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2012

Kevin – Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay at the Hudson House Grand Hotel. Do you have additional information, such as the date of your stay and registration name, we cannot find you as a registered guest that stayed at our hotel, are you sure you have the correct hotel? The issues of concern were not brought to our attention during your stay or mentioned when you checked out.

We take these kinds of issues seriously; inspecting our hotel rooms regularly and have not come across the issue you have referred to. My head housekeeper and staff have been trained to look for signs of this particular issue and do inspect as part of their daily cleaning routine.
I apologize for the problems that you encountered. Please respond with the additional information requested. Thank You.

Reviewed December 20, 2011

On December 2, 2011 we attended our aunts 90th birthday party here. The hosts reserved a block of rooms for the event. We were concerned when we could find nothing about this hotel.

The hotel was easily found from the Interstate. The desk clerk was friendly when we checked in.
Instructions to our room were excellent.

When we entered we were surprised to find a fresh, newly remodeled room. The bathroom had quartz tops and quartz shower surrounds! A tall shower head!.

The bedding was fresh and comfortable. With two double beds in the room, there was still room to move around.

The free breakfast was excellent

The room for the party was adequate for the number of guests present.

Would stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Bobbybird
Reviewed November 24, 2011

Tried to set up a small event and 8 rooms on New Years Eve last year and was
ignored by the catering manager- guess she didn't want to work that night.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank SeeingtheUS
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed with our kids and were excited to use the pool. What a shock the pool tiles were missing and rusty! I didn't even let my kids swim it was to dangerous. The plastic plants were almost bare, dusty and faded with age. I heard the night desk clerk man Chris talking about how there were prostitues in the hotel. I was scared out of my mind. If you want a low class stay for a top class price feel free to stay at this hotel. I have to say that the staff was all very nice and very honest about all the hotel problems. I feel bad that there boss seems not to care about fixing any of these problems. I will be letting everyone in my circle know not to stay at this joke of a hotel Best Western should kick them out of the group they are not worthy of the name.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Tina B
Reviewed September 2, 2011

The front desk staff was nice but the rooms were terrible. The first room they put us in was small dingy and creepy. So they moved us to a different room which was one step up but still pretty poor. The bathroom appeared to be recenly updated and was nice. But the bed was hard, hard with sand paper sheets. The room had a couch and chair but they were clearly flithy and the fabric was torn and when you sat in them you were nearly sitting on the floor. The hotel walls were thin and we heard everything in the surrounding rooms. The hallways smelled like a mixture of ciggeret smoke and stinky feet.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cwildlake
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
Royal Inn - Hudson
#3 of 8 in Hudson
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater

Been to Hudson House Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!