“disappointing”

Saint Paul, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointing”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

After driving by many times and hearing people talk about it we decided to visit. Very disappointing. The food was very americanized Italian. i have actually tasted better sauce from jars. The marina was very sweet but bland. The alfredo was so rich my husband and daughter could not finish their meals. I ordered the cheese ravioli, the ravioli pasta was so thick and chewy I could not eat it. my substitute meal was bland so I did not eat that either, we were still billed for it. Not any where close to real Italian food, servers not seem to be bothered we did not like the food. We expected much better, we wont be returning.

• Visited August 2012

New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Don't miss this place if you are in the mood for Italian”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is the best Italian restaurant I have been to within 30 miles of Hudson. I enjoy the white sauce type entrees while my wife gets the red sauce and we have both been extremely pleased with everything we get. We try to go every couple of months. I suggest the "Seafood Canneloni" and you can get that with either white or red sauce.

• Visited June 2012
Hudson, Wisconsin
“SOOO Good!!!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Mama Maria's has an unreal menu, this place for the food is one of our favorites. My go-to is the the spaghetti salcici....its spaghetti with onions and garlic, red sauce, covered with basil and melted cheese with spicy sausage....to DIE FOR! The bread rolls and seasoned butter are to die for as well. The server's are very nice, the drinks and wine selection are great, without a doubt the best place in North Hudson.

Visited July 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Food!”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I am never disappointed when I eat at Mama Maria's. The food is always better than I expected. The place is clean, staff is friendly. Good service.

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Food not for all audience!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

If you are vegetarian, or don't eat pork, you are out of luck as a lot of dishes like Canneloni has that mixed and it is not possible to take meat part out and be custom made. We ordered two dishes of chicken - Chicken Angela and Fettuccine...they both tasted the same! It is like every dish is made with the same base! Their Appletini was great but that is the only good thing I can say of our experience because even the server....she was taking our order and we were done and found out that a side my husband ordered had pork, so he peeped in the menu to see the alternative...the server lost patience and said she will come back to get the entire order and just walked away! It was interesting to see how many positive reviews this place had...maybe you have to eat pork in order to appreciate the food! If we are back, we will not be eating here!

• Visited May 2012