“Love the Patio”
Review of Pier 500

Pier 500
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier 500 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 96 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We are a gathering place for friends and family, essence of hospitality in casual, comfortable surroundings. We create made from scratch dishes and cocktails with an incredible view of the Saint Croix River from being seated either inside our beautiful restaurant with the wood-fired rotisserie or outside on our patio with a full service bar.
St. Paul
“Love the Patio”
Reviewed July 25, 2014

Off the boat and onto the patio last night. Nice server and good food. We had lots of fun and because there are so many good places to eat in Hudson this is our first time here this year. Best patio in Hudson. The one thing I would like them to figure out how to control is the dang flies on the patio. They also have a large restaurant inside and a big game room. Shuffleboard anyone?

Visited July 2014
Pier500, Manager at Pier 500, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hello BriN188,

I would like to thank you for your many kind words regarding our establishment and do apologize for the fly issues, we are in a continuous battle in trying to reduce the numbers we have lingering about.
We definitely take pride in what we do here and appreciate your acknowledgement of that. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
“Great food - Excellent service and great view of the St. Croix.....”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I have been here many times with clients and family. Most items are tasty and prepared with care. They strive for excellent services. While the wait in the summer can be tedious, you can by a beer and enjoy the great view on the patio overlooking the beautiful St. Croix River in Hudson WI.

Hello MKruse,

I would like to thank you for the great review on our establishment. I apologize for the delay in response, but would like you to know that any feedback we receive we do utilize for ongoing training. It is wonderful to see that you appreciate us here at Pier and we will continue to strive to exceed the dining experience you are seeking time and time again.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“Food is Good - Service Needs Improvement”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have eaten at Pier 500 several times for lunch and dinner. Was disappointed this last time for dinner because it took over an hour to get our meal. The restaurant was busy (packed) inside and out and we had a few people attending to our table. We weren't quite sure who was our dedicated server as they appear to have a food runner, and a few different servers that take care of the tables. The food is good, and the ambience is nice. The outdoor patio offers a great view of the St. Croix but parking is limited. Metered parking is available right outside the restaurant, otherwise you will be forced to find on street options. It doesn't appear the restaurant is short-staffed as there are many servers running about but not sure how their tables are assigned. Service could definitely be improved, otherwise everything else is great!

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
“Best Scallops Ever! Great View Too”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

We love Pier 500 and always eat there when we're in Hudson/Stillwater. It has a fantastic, huge deck with an outdoor bar and great view of the river.

You MUST try the brie cheesecurds (if you like brie, you'll love them). But the real show-stopper are the scallops topped with breadcrumbs and asiago cheese. They're simply to die for and worth the price!!

Hi Shanna,

I wanted to thank you for your wonderful comments on our establishment at Pier 500. I apologize for the delay, but I would like you to know that we do utilize our comments for ongoing training so any feedback we can receive is wonderful. I am ecstatic to see that you love our food as much as we do and we definitely look forward to your return.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great lunch”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Pier 500 is located on 1st Street in downtown Hudson right across the street from the Lakefront Park Beach, the Lakefront Park and the St Croix River. There is a parking lot next to the restaurant and there is also metered parking along the street.

I went on a Saturday afternoon in early July after hiking in Willow River State Park and enjoyed my lunch. The restaurant was about 75% full so I did not have to wait for a table. The patio was closed due to heavy rain so I ate inside. I ordered a fantastic turkey sandwich and a cup of chicken wild rice soup. The sandwich was huge with lots of turkey, melted cheese, avocados, lettuce, tomatoes and bacon. The soup was great and I really enjoyed it. This half sandwich and soup combo was only $10 which I thought was pretty reasonable. The view out the window was nice except that it was raining so I had trouble seeing all the way to the river. The restaurant is not directly on the river as you have to look across the street and then through the small park. There is not much traffic on this street so it is not too bad.

Overall I thought the lunch was great and I really enjoyed it. I recommend this restaurant and will be back. My only minor complaint was the service as my server was a little slow (but overall he was OK).

1 Thank rockyjoe
Hi RockyJoe,

I apologize for not replying to your comment sooner, but I would just like to let you know how much we do appreciate your feedback on our establishment. It sounds as tough we were able to deliver a reasonably good dining experience when you came in. I do want to apologize for slow service and wanted to let you know that we do utilize these comments for ongoing staff training. However we are ecstatic to hear that you loved the food as much as we do. Thank you so much again and we look forward to seeing you again.