“Beautiful Place for Lunch on the Patio”
Review of Pier 500

Pier 500
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier 500 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: We are a gathering place for friends and family, essence of hospitality in casual, comfortable surroundings. We create made from scratch dishes and cocktails with an incredible view of the Saint Croix River from being seated either inside our beautiful restaurant with the wood-fired rotisserie or outside on our patio with a full service bar.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Beautiful Place for Lunch on the Patio”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stopped here for a birthday lunch on our way to Willow River State Park and the food and service was excellent. We were seated immediately and our server was table side pretty quickly. We ordered the Walleye Bites for an appetizer as Pier 500 is known for their fish and they were pretty good but not the best I have ever had and the tartar sauce was just okay as well. I had a Habernaro Peach Burger and it was so good, the different flavors melded together perfectly! I ordered the salt and vinegar fries for a side and didn't care for them at all, I could never have told you they were salt and vinegar and they just tasted weird! All in all, everyone in our party enjoyed their food, so what more could you ask for!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Just not the same”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is my second review for Pier 500. I always come here when visiting my bra and I have always been very pleased. This last time it just wasn't the same. The service was terrible and the portions were small. An example of this was the half cup of a cup of the soup that was served to us. We all had ordered the same soup and everyone's was a half portion. The waitress didn't take our drink orders right away and barely came to the table to check on us through out the duration of our meal. The food runner was great and very helpful in picking up the waitresses slack. My bra, who has been coming here for over 8 years, twice a month, was also shocked with the poor quality. He had heard rumors that new management had taken over. Perhaps this change is the reason for the poor quality?

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Food Was Good, Service Lacked”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We came here on Father's Day. The website looked like they did not take reservations but when we arrived the first question asked was if we had reservations. The wait was going to be 45-60 minutes but while we were standing there someone canceled so we did not have to wait long.

After being seated we waited awhile until a waitress came by and took our order for water and coffee. It took another while before that was delivered to our table by someone other than the waitress. Soon after, the "regular" waitress took our order. I knew it would take awhile because they were quite busy.

The food was good -- Salmon & Eggs and Prime Rib Hash was what we ordered. Both orders came with toast. Once the waitress (a different one) left after delivering the food, we noticed we didn't have jam. We started eating our breakfast and waited for any waitress to come by but no one did. Soon I just got up and found our waitress and asked her if we could get jam and a refill on the coffee and that was done promptly.

So -- although the food was really good, service simply was just lacking.

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“What luck!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

So, we are returning from the Twin Cities and want breakfast. We could have stayed on the interstate and found a decent chain, but NO, i wanted to explore downtown Hudson. And we come across this place. It was Sunday morning so they had an unending brunch for 16 bucks, but we weren't that hungry(Mimosas for 99 cents). I had smoke salmon mixed with 3 eggs and hash browns and coffee. Hashbrowns are hash browns, right? NO!! these were the best I've ever had. Catsup/tabasco which i usually use would be a waste. They were made with a dollop of sour cream and were outstanding. The salmon and eggs was terrific. My wife got the veggie omlette and hash browns and we shared. We ate outside in the sun looking at the St. Croix River. There is an out door bar. If I didn't have so far to drive, I would have had a Bloody to wash it down but instead settle for the hottest, tastier coffee even. A little pricy, but so what? You got what you fair for. And hope that you get Jennifer as your waitress!!

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Ecellent View from Outdoor Bar and Deck at a Very Nice Restaurant...”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife and I decided at the last minute to try Pier 500 for a light dinner on a beautiful Memorial Day. The weather was sunny and the view from the deck was a relief from the MN winter. The deck had a 30-minute wait which gave us a good excuse to take to the outdoor bar. Service throughout the restaurant was superb -- inside and outside. Everyone (including many of the other customers) were just plain considerate and nice. The hostess and her helpers seated us in a timely manner giving my wife a choice of available tables -- nice touch. :-) Kendra and Allison were our servers and did a superb job. Both had a witty sense of humor and were very helpful, We liked the menu selections and thoroughly enjoyed the Broiled Shrimp, Pier 500 Burger, and Corn Beef Sandwich. If you like salty, skinny fries, they have them here and they're delicious! Next time, mine with be the standard ones without the extra seasoning. Looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited May 2014