“Great food and service. ”

Green Mill Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #27 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Belton, Texas
“Great food and service. ”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Our server Janice was wonderful. She was very attentive and helpful. I had the hot chicken stir fry salad, which was great. Hubby had the fire desert pasta with shrimp and really enjoyed it. We'll return the next time we are in town.

Appleton, WI
“Keep driving by... Go to McDonald's or Subway”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

The food was terrible. Soup taste like it came from a can. We went during a Vikings game and there were TV's that were load and so was the music in the background. There was so much noise. No relaxing here. The server we had was awful!! She had no personality. Try to avoid this place at any cost. And by the way ... expensive for crappy food and service.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Wiscmom2
“Nice lunch”
Reviewed December 9, 2013

7 of us had lunch. The waiter, Andy, was great. Lunch was good. 4 of us had the pasta special. Free bottle of wine with two pasta lunches. The pumpkin ravioli was excellent, as was the fire pasta. Very nice place, close to the freeway.
We ordered pizza delivery in the evening. Two of the pizzas didn't come as ordered. Mary, the manager, was very nice and offered to send two new pizzas, or a gift card to make up for it. We love Green Mill.

Visited December 2013
Bloomington, Minnesota
“the M in Management is missing”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

With international and out of state friends in town visiting the great Midwest for an annual Fall get together we found ourselves at the Hudson Green Mill for a late dinner. As an old " St. Paul" boy I grew up with the original GM and have watched it grow over the years. Generally good food and good pizza though the music is over amped at all locations for the benefit of the staff.

With the idea of a good meal, good service and a bit of libation in mind, the Hudson Green Mill was the target restaurant that would be open for a 7pm dinner. We had 7 guests and were seated quickly in the larger dining area where the floor resembled a battle scene from Animal House's food fight.

Our server , a new fellow , was on his own with us and 4 other tables. The place was ascurry with other wait staff initially , but they disappeared into clusters at the front chating as diners finished thier meals. Debris left for someone else to clear on the surrounding tables.

Our initial drink orders were placed and arrived via a different waiter who was instructing the new fellow how to place them and present wine ( by the bottle ). Approx 15 minutes after the drinks arrived our waiter was coerced into taking our order and things seemed to be moving forward.

We finished cocktails and wine and waited .... and waited .... and waited. By now we are going on 7:50, the dining room is down to ourselves and one other small group. Meals arrived. We were ravinous. Generally the food was fair , our Australian guests , whom I had recommended the walleye to , received walleye a bit closer to its natural condition - cold. We asked for a second bottle of wine to try and wash this down .... oops ... that was the last bottle of that wine.

Never saw a manager , never saw the new fellow getting any assistance. I was embarrased that I had even suggested this place. I picked the tab up as I felt I really had thrown cold water on one of our best get togethers of all time. $300 for an experience that I will recite to any who care to hear in the Hudson area.

I travel for a living and eat out almost every week night form coast to coast. I know good food from formulaic food, good service from poor and good management from non management. The food took over 35 minutes to get after order and the place only had ten parties in it , food arrived cold and not cooked. Staff .. tied up with personal discussions. Thats poor management and a failure to execute on the promise of the brand.

Lots of choices in the Hudson area for good food and good service. The Hudson Green Mill is not one of them.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 2227mechanic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Not worth the price...”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

While the interior of this restaurant/bar is very nice and has great atmosphere, the food was not up to par with the prices. For two of us our bill was $47..that was an entree for each of us and a beer for each of us. I had a veggie burger and it wasn't terrible, but it was bland. The portions were kind of small. My husband had some pasta dish that I thought was awful, and I am NOT a picky eater...

Our waitress was somewhat rude. We like to be friendly with and make conversation with people who are servicing us...and our waitress made it blatantly obvious she didn't care about what we had to say. She was very much about dropping our food on the table and quickly leaving...which would be understandable if it were busy, but we were the only people in there at the time.

We ended up having wayyy better service at the nearby Denny's when we went for a late night snack :P

Visited September 2013