“Love, love, loved it!”

Ranked #6 of 98 Restaurants in Hudson
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Visited the Postmark Grill in Hudson, WI last night because a friend told me about a new restaurant opening. I could not have been more pleased with the entire experience. The environment, a remodeled post office, was unique, inviting, and warm. I was commenting on a bar made out of pennies when the attractive bartender/manager (who looks just like Evan Lysacek the olympic ice skater) told me HE was the one who made the whole thing. This place has so many unique personal touches that you would not find at your average chain restaurant. Also, I cannot forget to say..the service was impeccable. Waitress was polite, thorough, efficient, timely, and personable. I will be returning no doubt.

1  Thank Harriet_Guildentsern

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This long awaited restaurant should be a lot better than it is. The bar is great with a really welcoming ambiance and an interesting wine list. The dining space is comfortable and pretty without being lavish. The food is another story. It is at best uneven. The pasta dishes are largely flavorless. The pizza is extraordinary, probably the second best in town. Service is fast and friendly. The staff is clearly well trained.
I'm rooting for this place but they got to improve the seasonings or business will suffer after the newest wears off.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Great place to go with either my kids or by myself. Nice verity of beverage choices and exceptional food. Wait staff very friendly and can't wait to go back for another outstanding experience.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Went there to meet up with some previous co-workers of my wife. There were 6 of us total. The waitress did a good job of keeping everything organized since we asked for several samples of the tap beers that they have. The atmosphere was good for a group swapping stories but since this is in the old Post Office Bldg, there is a lot of stone inside and the echo and overall din of the large room made it hard to hear across the table. The food was very good including the appetizers. We got the Italian nachos and bruschetta. My wife and I split a dinner so we had a $2 charge for that. Definitely worth it since we each got our choice of soup or salad plus they split the entree and each half was more than enough for each one. She had the salad and it reminded me of the Olive Garden salad. Big bowl filled with salad and you serve yourself. Good homemade French dressing too. I had the beer cheese soup and it was a little thinner that I am used to. Decent flavor but could have used something to kick it up a notch. The parmesan crusted chicken had good flavor but seemed a bit too salty. Other people got sandwiches or wraps that looked pretty good and someone had the sweet potato fries as their side. They shared them; they were good fries. Also got an order of the hot chips and but I didn't have any. The consensus was that the dipping sauce was a little too hot/spicy after a couple seconds so it snuck up on everyone. The guys liked that, the women not so much. I never got the last beer that I ordered but didn't really need it and it wasn't on our check. They also did a good job of keeping our water glasses filled which can be a deal breaker for us.

We asked for and received separate checks and the waitress did a good job of keeping everything straight including all the drinks.

Several waitstaff tried to deliver other people's food or drink orders to our table so I have to wonder if any of our stuff took a tour of the place before getting to us?

Overall, it was good but not great and definitely better than average. Definitely comparable to Barkers, Agave or Pier 500.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was taken here for Valentines Day. When we walked in the mood was very enlightening. We had made reservations but were a bit early. They had our table ready, and sat us right away. There drink choices are so unique I had a hard time deciding. All looked so delicious. I had the Mediterranean Pasta. LOVED it!!! They had a big variety of menu items as well. Our first experience was great. We will defiantly be back!!!