“First-Class!”

Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Hudson
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Met a couple of friends for supper at the Postmark Grille. I live in Hudson and was excited to have another place to dine. The restaurant is in the old Hudson Post office. The decorating and atmosphere were great. They kept some the old post office character but with a modern look. We sat in a comfortable booth. The food was very good too. Good wine and beer! One of my friends had a tomato pasta dish and said it was delicious, she couldn't finish it all. Another had a lemon ceasar dressing her salad which she commented was excellent. The salads were fresh and well made. I had a Jack Daniels chicken sanwich which was also very tasty! I will be back. It's a type of place I'd bring out- of-town guests. Friendly waitress!

There are newer reviews for The Postmark Grille

Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and I tried the Postmark for the first time Saturday night. Our plan was just a quick drink and appetizer and to get a feel for the new place. I'm familiar and enjoy the other restaurants the owner currently operates or did in the past. The Postmark's ambiance is much better than either of the other places. Tastefully done and relaxing. The staff was great. Attentive and friendly. We each ordered a glass of wine and the appetizer sampler. The wine was good and the sampler was huge (more than we expected). We each agreed our favorite was the bread portabella mushrooms. Excellent! I did look at the rest of their menu and it looked good. I'm anxious to go back and try an entree. I hope they do well.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I went to the Postmark Grill on a Friday night, and were pleasantly surprised. The renovation of the interior was quite nicely done with nice touches left over from the previous use as a post office. We waited in the bar for our table. The bar was nicely stocked and the bartenders were generous in their pours. I would have loved to see Guinness on tap, but their selection of beers and wine were fine.

There are hightop tables that are set up on the other side of the wall from the main dining room and bar. Although I prefer hightop seating, the table we got was the smallest table in the joint. It made it a little tricky to navigate when our dishes arrived.

The food was generally good, but I probably would have ordered something different. The broccoli and pasta dish was fine, although very plain with simple brocolli, olive oil and pasta. My wife had a burger, and it was very tasty.

All in all, this is a good addition to Hudson, and I know we'll be back to try some of the other dishes.

1  Thank WITrvlfool
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I have been watching this place go up for months (I had to actually drive by it to look in the windows while being built we were so excited).

The good: the decor, layout, and ambiance are all first rate. They put money into this place and it shows, it's beautiful. The staff were attentive and very on the spot with things, A+.

The bad: the most important element, the food, was less than expected. The bread, (supposed to be crusty bread?), was very dense.....it was like trying to eat a sponge. I ordered the pizza as they are supposedly known for it, and it was pretty good ( not sure how they're famous for it, but it was good). My wife ordered fish and sweet potato fries.....the fish was on the greasy side but the portion was enormous, so that was a plus, the fries were good. Another in our party ordered a specialty item, some sort of Italian steak, but they had run out by 7:30 on New Year's Eve ( and it was not packed.....points toward poor planning in my book).

Overall, I'm more disappointed than anything, we really support our local businesses, and really want this place to succeed, which is why I'm leaving candid advice. We'll try it again, we're hoping they'll improve and maybe this was just new 'jitters' or something. If our next stop improves, I'll update my review, but to compete in Hudson, they have a ways to go in my opinion.

6  Thank LfeisGood