“Mystery Meat”

Comfort Suites Hudson
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Let's start with the highlights.

* The hotel is so new that the stairwells still have that paint and drywall mud smell.
* There is plenty of parking.
* The rooms were clean.
* There was a fridge, coffee maker, and microwave in each room.
* There was a thoughtfully designed USB charging station above the desk in the room.

Then we get to the lowlights:

* The staff are never at the front desk. When they appear their response is always, "I was just here. You must have arrived just after I went in the back room." I thought it was just bad timing on my part until I observed the same situation with two other people.
* The staff are only superficially friendly. Do what you're told, when you're told, and you'll never discover this. Ask a simple question about the registration process and you might get to see the other side.
* The pink mystery meat sausage at breakfast is, without doubt, the worst item I've ever had the unfortunate luck to try at a hotel breakfast buffet. My wife couldn't even chew or swallow it; she spit it back out into a napkin. What is it? Turkey? Chicken? Why is it pink? Why would you put something with that unappetizing taste, smell, and look on a hotel buffet?
* The rooms are a suite in marketing name only. If the room is ten feet wide, the "divider" between the beds and the sitting area is three feet wide. According to my dictionary a suite is "a set of rooms designated for one person's or family's use or for a particular purpose." Rooms, plural. This is just one room with an unusual growth coming out of one wall.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ayti
Online_Relations12, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Hudson, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Thanks for the review and kind words, ayeti!

Our standard suites are actually 26 feet long by 12 feet wide. Here's a link to a photo gallery that includes a shot of one of our standard suites, for the curious: http://glmg.us/QKAu9r

I believe the breakfast meats you're referring to are our ham patties. We think they're delicious, but as is the case with any food, they may not be for everyone!

Our staff prides itself on customer service and friendliness. We have high standards for our employees, whose goal is to make our guests' stays as pleasurable as possible. As you can see from past reviews, we've upheld that standard.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

I travel a lot for business and always seek out a newer, modern and clean hotel. I was very satisfied and will definitely stay here again when in the area. I had a king suite with a separate seating area, fridge and microwave. The room was very spacious. The bath was nice. Wi-fi internet worked great. While one can find nice hotels it was the little things that made me appreciate this hotel. I travel on business and often work in my room. The room was equipped more electrical outlets than I've ever seen in a hotel room with several near the desk and nightstands. I hate hotel rooms that require you to move half the funiture to find an electrical outlet. I also liked that the desk in this room was on wheels and could be moved around easily. The desk chair was leather, comfortable and clean. Last it was nice to find a hotel with wide, nicely finished stairwells. I often take the stairs when staying at a hotel just to move around a bit more and so many hotels have dark, dingy, unfinished stair wells. This may be minor to some but for me it's these little things that put this property at the top. The breakfast was good, similar to many other hotel chains but certainly met my needs. My only complaint was that the lady who checked me in at the front desk wasn't very friendly. She wasn't unfriendly, just very indifferent that I was there to stay. I asked her if my ChoiceRewards number was on my reservation and instead of checking and confirming it was she told me, "if you gave it to us when you made the reservation then it's on there." My point in asking was that I could not remember. This didn't take away from the nice hotel itself but could have made a great stay, exceptional.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east will look out on open fields, undeveloped land. Rooms facing west look over a day...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank seedman76
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip and it was by far my favorite hotel of my trip. I spent a lot of time at the hotel in the evening and really got to enjoy the rooms. I was very happy to have a clean, quiet, safe space to be. I was particularly impressed with the value and the fitness center. The treadmills had built in TV's so you didn't have to worry about if someone else was there watching something else. This hotel also had breakfast to-go, which I used the day that I had to head out very early. I did notice that breakfast was set up a little earlier than the advertised time, so that was another bonus.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We had a one night stay in Hudson before going to Stillwater. Room was big and clean. Beds were comfy. At check out no desk clerk could be found.Breakfast was good but couldnt get to the waffles (to many people) . The tub in the bathroom was extra deep very nice to take a bath.
We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed there on a trip to see friends in the area. It seemed pretty busy, but our room was quiet. Roomy, good beds, fridge, microwave, clean. Front Desk Manager was extra good. She was a petite blond, middle age, sorry I don't remember her name, but she was professional and appeared to be doing a great job training someone. A bunch of people came in at once and they handled everything smoothly. We would definately recommend to friends and family. The only thing keeping it from 5 stars was the quality of the feebies for the price of the room (coffee and bathoom soap, etc.). We didn't check out the breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank travelingjoes
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My hubby and I needed a place to stay before our half marathon in the morning, so I booked a room at Comfort Suites in Hudson so we'd be close to the race. The staff was friendly, the rooms were nice and cleans, and the whole place has a new feeling to it. We had to wake up and leave early, so we didn't get to experience the continental breakfast (didn't open til 7am), but everything we experienced here was great! Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne S
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Can't say enough good things about this hotel. The room was big and worked really well for a family that doesn't all go to bed at the same time. Everything was clean, the beds were extremely comfortable, the breakfast was good, it was quiet and it was easily accessible to the interstate. We have family and friends in the area and when we visit again it won't even be a choice as to where we stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
#7 of 8 in Hudson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Stillwater

Been to Comfort Suites Hudson? Share your experiences!