“Good stay but frustrating check- in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94

Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Hudson
Winnipeg
“Good stay but frustrating check- in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I'll start by saying, this HIE was everything we would expect; clean, wonderfully soft and comfy beds, tasty breakfast and friendly staff. Our one frustration was this- upon learning that there were no cots left for the night, which is fair enough, we enquired about booking another room ( we had an additional child with us). We were told there was nothing left but we could check back later. As it was 7:30 pm, we figured anyone who would have booked a room would show up, so we were out of luck. Faced with spending a night on the floor, I thought I might just take a look at their website to see what it said. Lo and behold, six rooms available at 7:45 pm. I went back to the desk to point this out and was told I could NOW book a room as some rooms were just released for booking. I really wish a couple of things; 1) that I was offered another room when I asked or 2) if there is some state law that says you can't release rooms until a certain time, that the staff would say hey come back in 15 minutes, we have some open rooms if 6 people don't call in the next 15 minutes. The staff was in training and was a very nice young lady otherwise, but as a frequent HI guest, please give me a room if I ask for one and you have a bunch.

Also has a free ice cream treat (sandwich, fudgsicle) to guests staying.... Except Friday and Saturday nights, when I guess you don't get one, or maybe they charge you. Slightly weird. I'd stay again possibly because of the good beds, but they need to straighten out some customer service issues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ilovelowly

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Winona, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had a wonderful experience at this hotel over the 4th of July. My husband and I had booked a room in Stillwater at a different hotel downtown and got scammed so we called and got in for the evening which was the 4th of July. Brandon from the front desk was so amazing! Total customer service! He even recommended that we attend the City of Hudson's yearly celebration which was down my the river. We had a blast! Awesome clean rooms and good price also! We will be back again for sure!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Renae047
Inver Grove Heights, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

We took a 4th of July dinner cruise from the Hudson dock and it would've been nice to have hotel options closer to that area. Hudson just doesn't have any and since we like and trust the Holiday Inn Express chain, stayed here. Everyone was nice and our room, very clean and comfortable. We took advantage of the "free" breakfast, which consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits, gravy, along with the typical offerings at other hotels. All very tasty, the room to eat it was small and crowded, so we ate in the lobby. I understand there's an outdoor space too, maybe if there was a sign posted, we would've gone out there.
After breakfast, we used the hot tub and small pool before checking out. Both a refreshing way to start our day.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cathy C
Western Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is very clean and comfortable. The location was nice, close to the interstate, easy to find, and close to a handful of food establishments. Our room did not have a bathtub, which was a disappointment since we were traveling with a 3-year-old. My husband had some problems on check in, as the front desk clerk was ordering pizza and kept yelling at my husband to wait. These two things are why I didn't give this hotel 5 stars; however, we had no major problems and would stay here again.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank MicKel09
Appleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We came to the Holiday Inn after leaving a substandard hotel in MN. We booked the last available room for the night. We were in town to tour colleges in eastern MN with my daughter. The Holiday Inn was clean, quiet, and extremely comfortable. They only had one night available, so we had to move to a new hotel the following few nights, but that wasn't a problem since we really needed a room for that evening. The room had soft and firm pillows and very comfortable beds. The breakfast featured hot and cold items and was well-stocked. We would definitely stay here again. We highly recommend it!

1 Thank AppletonWItraveler
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My only regret was that we could not stay long enough to use the spa bath! Imagine my surprise
when we walked into this large, clean, fresh bedroom/living room. It had a small kitchen area, and a
lovely bathroom. In the corner of the Living Room Area was the largest Spa Tub I have ever seen.
We were in town for a family wedding and had a busy schedule, this hotel the closest to where we had to be. Late arrival due to stormy airport weather in MSP, called and told them we would be checking in very late. Staff was all so nice and so welcoming. Didn't get a chance to sample the breakfast which was included in our room rate. Will have to back some time for breakfast, Spa Tub and lovely Pool.

Room Tip: Ask for the Spa Tub/ Living Room combination
1 Thank kmormlo
Somerset, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was completely surprised at how lovely this hotel is! Staff was extremely friendly! Bath and Body works toiletries! The room was very large, super super clean, pillows were marked firm and soft, lovely chair and ottoman in the room. we were on the 3rd floor and we had an incident with kids playing ball in the stairway next to our room. It was handled promptly! Love this hotel and would stay here again! HIGHLY recommended!

Room Tip: stay on the upper floor and get a west or south facing room
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Michelle B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Comfort Suites Hudson
Water Street Inn
Water Street Inn
#6 of 7 in Stillwater
3.0 of 5 stars 294 reviews

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94? Share your experiences!