“Not close to downtown, but nice place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We took a 4th of July dinner cruise from the Hudson dock and it would've been nice to have hotel options closer to that area. Hudson just doesn't have any and since we like and trust the Holiday Inn Express chain, stayed here. Everyone was nice and our room, very clean and comfortable. We took advantage of the "free" breakfast, which consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits, gravy, along with the typical offerings at other hotels. All very tasty, the room to eat it was small and crowded, so we ate in the lobby. I understand there's an outdoor space too, maybe if there was a sign posted, we would've gone out there.
After breakfast, we used the hot tub and small pool before checking out. Both a refreshing way to start our day.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy C

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This Holiday Inn Express is very clean and comfortable. The location was nice, close to the interstate, easy to find, and close to a handful of food establishments. Our room did not have a bathtub, which was a disappointment since we were traveling with a 3-year-old. My husband had some problems on check in, as the front desk clerk was ordering pizza and kept yelling at my husband to wait. These two things are why I didn't give this hotel 5 stars; however, we had no major problems and would stay here again.

1  Thank MicKel09
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We came to the Holiday Inn after leaving a substandard hotel in MN. We booked the last available room for the night. We were in town to tour colleges in eastern MN with my daughter. The Holiday Inn was clean, quiet, and extremely comfortable. They only had one night available, so we had to move to a new hotel the following few nights, but that wasn't a problem since we really needed a room for that evening. The room had soft and firm pillows and very comfortable beds. The breakfast featured hot and cold items and was well-stocked. We would definitely stay here again. We highly recommend it!

1  Thank AppletonWItraveler
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My only regret was that we could not stay long enough to use the spa bath! Imagine my surprise
when we walked into this large, clean, fresh bedroom/living room. It had a small kitchen area, and a
lovely bathroom. In the corner of the Living Room Area was the largest Spa Tub I have ever seen.
We were in town for a family wedding and had a busy schedule, this hotel the closest to where we had to be. Late arrival due to stormy airport weather in MSP, called and told them we would be checking in very late. Staff was all so nice and so welcoming. Didn't get a chance to sample the breakfast which was included in our room rate. Will have to back some time for breakfast, Spa Tub and lovely Pool.

Room Tip: Ask for the Spa Tub/ Living Room combination
1  Thank kmormlo
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was completely surprised at how lovely this hotel is! Staff was extremely friendly! Bath and Body works toiletries! The room was very large, super super clean, pillows were marked firm and soft, lovely chair and ottoman in the room. we were on the 3rd floor and we had an incident with kids playing ball in the stairway next to our room. It was handled promptly! Love this hotel and would stay here again! HIGHLY recommended!

Room Tip: stay on the upper floor and get a west or south facing room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was fully booked due to local events, luckily there was a last minute cancellation that allowed us to enjoy a weekend in Hudson at this hotel. The Hotel was clean, the staff was polite and friendly. The Breakfast was very good, not just your typical toast, cereal and cold eggs like some of the other hotels. The only downfall at this hotel was the lack of adequate parking
there is ample parking if people do not park their trailers across multiple spots, but since there are always a few of those guys, if the hotel is fully booked and you come in later in the evening you will likely need to park on the street

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I was very happy with my stay here. The room was very clean, the beds were fresh, the pillows were plump. Bathroom was very nice and clean, with a cool sink that looked like a statement piece. White Citrus Bath & Body Works was a nice welcome touch. The guy checking me in was new, but he did his job well, and was friendly, and showed me where best to park. The pool area was very nice. Breakfast was hot and just what I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. We did not have any issues at all. Nice job staff members!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Hampton Inn & Suites Hudson
#7 of 8 in Hudson
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#3 of 7 in Stillwater

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94? Share your experiences!