“Clean property with a helpful staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Madison, Wisconsin
“Clean property with a helpful staff”
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This property is located close to the expressway and was convenient for my business needs. My room came with a refrigerator, so the supermarket across the street was nice.

I had a minor issue at check-in, which was resolved with a room upgrade on a full night. I was very happy with my service. The room was spotless, with a king bed, couch, and decent desk. The adjustments on my desk chair were a bit off, but I liked the work space. There were an unusually high number of cable channels, with a lightning quick directv menu. The bathroom was large, with a walk in shower only, for those who might miss a bath.

The pool and workout areas seemed to be well appointed and in good shape, but I did not have time to enjoy them.

I will certainly stay my next time in town.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Duluth, Minnesota
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We will most definitely stay here again. Hotel was very clean, our room was very comfortable. very friendly staff, and most important to us it was quite! Unlike other reviews we appreciated the no party sign posted at the front desk. when I stay at hotel I want to relax not listen to your party and music. There is a nice pool and hot tub area, and the complimentary breakfast was a nice mix of hot and cold foods.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Debra F
WI
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nothing fancy, but a professional environment. Very helpful & friendly staff, they go the extra mile.
Nice breakfast too. No birthday parties in the pool area too! The pool area is clean & quite. Close to most Hudson Businesses and restaurants.

Room Tip: All are fine.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank m t
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Hudson several years back and we were pleasantly surprised that the former property has been replaced with a new building. It's extremely well-kept and well-appointed, with rates that are lower than competitive properties just across the border in Minnesota. Our visit was simply to be within easy driving distance of the MSP airport for a next-day flight and it served the purpose very well. As an added extra, the hotel offers complimentary Good Humor ice cream products in the evening. The hot tub is kept at a perfect temperature and the pool area was a nice way to relax after dinner in the area. The business center was nicely done. This is a better than average HI Express property and well worth the attractive rate we found.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Standby4321
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We spent two nights at this Holiday Inn Express recently. We slept well on the king bed and the room was clean and the decor current. No microwave or fridge. The hot breakfast was good (biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, premade cheese omelets, pancake maker, yogurt, fruit, cereal, juice), but we got there 20 minutes before closing and the pancake maker was empty with no one around.
The first techno glitchy part was when I used points to pay for the first night. Had to check out that next morning and back in. The second was the wifi. The hotel's signal came up but when selected nothing would happen with either my iPod or my spouse's iPad. We called about it and someone came around but basically just told us it was working. Oddly enough we could pick up the wifi signal for the motel next door and select it and get their sign-on page (but of course we didn't have that password). Finally figured out how to get signed on but we both use wifi everywhere we go and have never had that problem before that I recall. Again, the room was fine but will probably bargain shop a little more next time we are in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 31, 2012

The best bang for the buck I've ever gotten. Great hotel & very clean. The upkeep and maintenance of the hotel is outstanding. 42" HD TV's are really HD. Complimentary ice cream stuff during the week is nice touch.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Russell L
Alexandria, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Our families rented over 10 rooms for a wedding in mid-September. Every guest commented to us how nice and spacious rooms were. My husband and I had a living room suite and it was perfect! Front desk personnel made accommodations work for everyone!

Room Tip: Standard 2 queen was ample space. Living room suite was very spacious!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 55Jean
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hudson
Comfort Suites Hudson
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#8 of 8 in Hudson
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Stillwater

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hudson-I-94? Share your experiences!