“Nice place to stop for wine and cheese”

Urban Olive and Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
Urban Olive and Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 97 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Restaurant/wine bar with a pet-friendly patio. Great selection of wines, premier beers, tea, coffee, desserts, creative menu, and food & kitchen-related gifts including fine olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Special pet menu and "Yappy Hour" from 3-6 Tues-Sat on the patio. Appetizers, sandwiches, soups, salads, and entrees; menu varies by season and chef's recommendation. Many gluten-free options. On main street in historic river town w shopping, antiques, art galleries, performing arts center, historic sites, state parks, waterfront and marina. Live music Thursday-Saturday.
Reviewed August 18, 2014

My wife and I stopped here after a 13 hr drive from Canada before getting home. We were very pleased with everything. We had a bottle of wine, an excellent cheese plate, split a very good chicken wrap, and great service. Will return soon.

1  Thank JPHughes

Reviewed July 26, 2014

My husband and I stopped there for lunch and were not disappointed. It was a fun combination of coffee bar, cafe, wine bar, olive oil and gift shop. We got the quiche and loved every bite. We will be back. :)

1  Thank chilled79
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I'd like to give this place 3.5 stars, but I'll give it 4 for the tasty food. Retail items are interesting - lots of great little gift items, and the variety of infused olive oils is creative (+ their balsamic vinegar is the best on fresh greens!). Menu is a bit limited and portions are quite small for the price, but selections are very interesting and fresh. Atmosphere in the front area is open & airy, while in the wine bar area it is more intimate. I've heard from others & definitely experienced slow, disorganized service. I enjoy a laid back atmosphere, but actually had to ask for plates & napkins (after the appetizer plate was served), had to ask to see a wine list (even though I was seated in the wine bar) - things like this made me feel like the place was running short staffed, but I think this is part of the normal quirkiness. Nice selection of craft beers, btw. If you're in a rush, this is not the place for you (even if you just want take-out coffee). But if you have the time & want a laid-back, fun, tasty & creative time, then this is a good place.

1  Thank stringsbysarah
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We love coming to Urban Olive. The food, coffee and tea are fantastic.

The service kinda' stinks though. Everyone is very friendly but sloooooooow. There is no cohesive service criteria so the help just kind of meanders while they get your order. They look busy but I don't understand how they can be so busy while you wait...and wait...and waaaiiit. But we've been here more times than I can count and whether you're here at night for wine and music or sandwiches and tea for lunch, the service just kind of stinks.
If not for the service, my wife and I would come here more often as they have live music on certain nights as well.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Nice little place tucked into an old original downtown Hudson commercial building. We were told about this place as we visited our friend Brian, owner of 2nd Chapter Bookstore. His bookstore is down the alley behind UO&V, and when we told him we were going for some coffee, he walked us out his (bookstore) back door and pointed to UO&V's back door. We entered through the back to find a very cozy wine bar. We proceeded to the front portion which was buzzing with activity. The shelves along the side walls are fully stocked with olive oils and other food related gifts. Near the back of this room is the bakery/deli. On the main street end is the coffee bar and half a dozen tables in between. With all this going on in this small building it is no surprise that it is often busy. We were treated very well and enjoyed our boldly brewed coffee, lemon ice water, and homemade coffee cake. Welcoming and friendly staff all around, but the cashier was a bit confused and took quite awhile to figure out how to run the register screen. We have been here in the past to purchase gifts, but this was the first time for coffee. I would say the prices are a bit high, but not outlandish.