“Has Everything but Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of San Pedro Cafe

San Pedro Cafe
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Has Everything but Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2010

Great food (including an awesome breakfast), drinks, atmosphere, and service. It's just a little spendy. Not outrageous but you can get similar food in Hudson for much less money. But, you can't get the same atmosphere. They have a great outdoor seating area. I would recommend this location even though it's a little pricey.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Love, love, LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2009

My family lived in Hudson for five years, and during that time, we ate at San Pedro Cafe many times and were never disappointed. The menu is Caribbean-inspired, but familiar enough that people who have standard American tastes will not be weirded out.

My personal favorite dish is the Rasta Pasta. I have a very hard time NOT ordering it! It consists of penne pasta with jerk chicken chunks, halved cherry tomatoes, and a spicy broth. If you're worried the spiciness will be too much, you can ask them to tone it down a bit.

I also enjoy the Chicken Chili Penne [which has penne pasta and jerk chicken in a red cream sauce] and the Yucatan Pork Stew, which is smoked pulled pork in a stew with peppers, onion, potato, and tomato. The broth has a very rich, smoky flavor.

I don't eat seafood, so that leaves a number of entrees out for me; however, I have known at least four other people who have ordered the Shrimp St. Croix [linguine with garlic, white wine, and sauteed shrimp] and all have loved it. Also, San Pedro Cafe usually has some sort of fish/seafood special each week, which my husband often ordered; no matter what kind of fish it was, how they prepared it, or what sides it came with, he always enjoyed it.

They have wood-fired pizzas which are tasty, and I also recommend their delicious margaritas and mojitos. In the entryway, they have a case showcasing their amazing-looking desserts. Sadly, I have always been too full to try any of them.

The atmosphere is casual and warm. The kitchen is open and TINY! It is fun to watch the chefs work, and if there's only one or two of you dining, you can belly up to a little bar seating area right up against the kitchen. From there you can watch meals being made and even feel the heat of the stove! Sometimes the chefs will even hand over your food themselves (seeing as they're within arm's reach), rather than waiting for your server, which is kind of neat. There is patio seating out back which is very enjoyable on a nice day.

Reservations are not accepted (I think the one exception to this is New Year's Eve), so on weekend evenings, you can expect a bit of a wait. Trust me, it's worth it!

Prices range from $10-12 for pizzas, and $14-25 for pastas and entrees (the more expensive ones are the seafood specialties).

Sorry if this review seems too long. I figured because it is the first one, I should try to be as comprehensive as possible; I hope you've found it helpful and will give San Pedro Cafe a try. We moved away from Hudson recently, and I miss this restaurant very much!

2 Thank Former_Badger