“Caribbean feel on Sat Croix”
Review of San Pedro Cafe

San Pedro Cafe
Ranked #2 of 101 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: San Pedro Café is a Caribbean-themed restaurant and bar sharing the flavors, culture, and pleasures of the Caribbean Sea with residents and visitors of Hudson, Wisconsin. Nestled along the historic main street district of Hudson, the San Pedro Café invites you to experience life on island time. Caribbean-themed, culinary focused with an emphasis on scratch-cooking. The heart of our kitchen is our large wood-fired oven used to prepare fresh seafood, slow-smoked meats and vegetables, specialty pizzas, and a variety of other culinary delights. The San Pedro Cafe offers a unique experience of island life. With a concept conceived from the town of San Pedro in the island paradise of Ambergris Caye, Belize, the San Pedro Cafe welcomes you to come as you are. Whether you are enjoying our amazing Jalapeño Blood Orange Margarita on our tropical-inspired urban patio, sipping one of our signature Vacation Libations in front of our 100 gallon salt water aquarium, or watching our culinary team from the best-seat-in-the-house pasta bar, our theme of being hospitable and welcoming to all guests shines through. Our team hopes you enjoy your "vacation" at the San Pedro Cafe and we can't wait to see you again.
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

Excellent food and great atmosphere. The Habanero chocolate cake is amazing. The waitstaff is super friendly. Fortunately there's a great walk along the river to walk off your food. You will certainly need it. Very reasonable prices for the quality of food.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

I have had the pleasure of visiting on more than one occasion and have been delighted each time. Today for lunch I enjoyed grilled grouper smothered with a medly of peppers, potatoes and more. My companion had tostados suiza- we were not disappointed. As noted above save room for the chocalate habanero torte. It leaves a little hot at the end of a tastey meal.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

At least twice a year my wife and I journey across the St. Croix river from Minnesota to Hudson Wis. to have late breakfast with friends. I like the Juevos Fritos con Tostada plate but they have a large variety of other special dishes. We sat on the Patio which is nice but not particularly scenic. Service is prompt and the food is good. They have a large variety of specialty drinks but since I don't drink alcohol I can't comment on them. Hudson is a nice tourist destination river town. Take in their art stores and other attractions.

1  Thank don m
Reviewed August 10, 2014

What a gem! My husband and I enjoyed a beautiful lunch on the patio late on a Saturday morning. We were immediately seated in the lovely patio. Caribbean tunes were piped in. Nice!

Both of our entrees began with a large salad and wonderful piece of warm, fluffy bread (nice, huge, thick slice). The vinaigrette on the salad was flavorful (citrus), but not overpowering.

I had the Cuban Meatloaf. SOOOOO delicious! Meatloaf was so fluffy and light it almost melted in my mouth! Mushroom sauce that topped meatloaf was so creamy and yummy. I am not a fan of mushrooms, as a matter of fact I usually try to avoid them, but this sauce didn't have any flavor or texture that I didn't enjoy. Under the meatloaf was a delicious bed of Banana Mashed Potatoes... the perfect complement! I do wish that the side dish of corn and black beans was served hot (not cold) as I prefer everything on my plate to be a similar temp.

My husband ordered the Roasted Jerk Chicken. I tried a bit of it and it was good. Between the two dishes, however, I'd go with the Cuban Meatloaf (surely higher fat content!).

Servers were all very friendly. Bathrooms were clean. Prices are a bit high, but for the amount of delicious food you receive the price is worth it.

Will definitely return the next time we are in Hudson!

Reviewed August 4, 2014

The menu had unusual items with yummy sounding combinations of foods. Menus were bright and inviting. Service was good. I had a Virgin Gorda (roasted vegetable pizza with goat cheese) and my husband had some chicken lettuce wraps, both excellent. We sat in the outdoor courtyard behind the main restaurant, which is not visible from the street. Ambience included lots of live plants, very pleasant. Service was good.