“Yummy twist on breakfast!”
Review of San Pedro Cafe

San Pedro Cafe
Ranked #2 of 93 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Yummy twist on breakfast!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We arrived at 9:15 on a Sunday for breakfast and were promptly seated on their cute patio. I split both the Chicken and Avacado Omelet and the Carribean Eggs Benidict with my sister. Both were interesting and tasty. Husband and BIL both enjoyed their choices, too. Overall it was a tasty spin on breakfast and we wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a leisurely brunch. It did take a but of time for our food to arrive so don't plan to eat hear if you are in a rush. Staff was courteous and kept us apprised of food arrival and kept our coffee warm throughout the experience!

• Visited September 2013

Saint Paul, MN
“Totally bummed at how bad our experience was”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This is one of my friend's favorite restaurants so we were really looking forward to trying the San Pedro Cafe. First impression was that it seemed a little dirty - menus were rather worn, water glasses were filmy, overall just a bit grimy.

Ordered a marguerita and it came with a fly in it. Ceviche was off - scary off. Bad chips, overdressed salad, never brought the salsa. And prices were high - about the same price as a favorite Mexican restaurant in NYC - but this is Hudson!

Why is this place so popular?

1 Thank BridgetF
Cudahy WI
“Trendy without delivering the goods...”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I see a lot of glowing reviews of this restaurant and wonder whether we have been to the same place. The menu IS creative, I'll give them that. Where else can you find "Banana Mashed Potatoes" (which we had and they were just ok -- bland if anything). There is a pervasive Belizian theme going on with a bit of Italian (pizza and pasta) thrown in for accent. The place is on the small side and while we ate outdoors on the patio I can imagine that dining indoors could be noisy -- it was as we walked through with the hostess.

I enjoy creative cuisine but I felt at this place there was more about heat than light. They talk a great talk but execution was lacking.

We opted for a daily special at $11.00 a plate. Shrimp and Lobster Mac & Cheese with a side salad. What we got were a smattering frozen tiny shrimp one small piece of terribly overcooked lobster about the size of a quarter served in a soup bowl of penne in watery undistinguished cheese sauce with a tablespoon of bland breadcrumbs sprinkled on top and lightly browned. What we were served Penne in cream sauce not Mac & Cheese. The accompanying "side salad with pina colada dressing" turned out to about two tablespoons of small dice fruit on a small piece of lettuce with little if any dressing of any sort.

I intended to have something from the bar; when I inquired whether the bar stocked my choice the waitress said, "I don't know what that is, so I'll say no." She made no attempt to inquire or offer any suggestions and simply walked away.

The place IS cute. It's colorful, with interesting decor and plants. For a mid afternoon lunch it was quite pleasant but the length of time to prepare two entrees in a nearly empty restaurant indicated that dining at peak traffic time might take a bit longer than you'd anticipate. I don't know if they treat regulars differently than first time visitors but I'd not be in a hurry to return.

Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
“Still our favorite Hudson restaurant”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Have been going here regularly for several years, especially in summer to enjoy the patio. Where else can you find conch chowder? It's delicious. Caribbean casual, best pulled pork, great for weekend brunch. They cater, too.

New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Cool place”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We went in for some nachos and beer. They were pretty good. I like the different varieties of beer they had. typical price for Hudson

Visited July 2013

Been to San Pedro Cafe? Share your experiences!