“Excellent Food!!”

San Pedro Cafe
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Hudson
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Excellent Food!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We ate there this weekend and the food was wonderful! The jalapeno margarita is worth trying and the yucatan stew/aruba pizza was equally wonderful!

• Visited February 2013

Hudson, Wisconsin
“Not sure what the fuss is about!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We tried San Pedro's 8 years ago when we first moved to town because everyone was talking about how good it was. We thought it was average at best. Since it is rated #1 on this site, and people were still talking about it, last fall we decided to take another chance. The place is nice to look at, and the service was good. The tables are practically on top of each other, and once again, the food was just average. We won't be returning in another 8 years, or ever. Hudson has so many other great restaurants to eat at!

1 Thank Jilly070
Ellsworth, Wisconsin
“Wish I Could Rate it Higher Than 5 Stars”
Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

My hubby and I are creatures of habit and always tend to go to the same places to eat out. This time he surprised me and took me to San Pedros. Let me tell you it was the best food I have ever eaten. The staff was very friendly and we were able to split the meal and had plenty to eat. The bread they serve with their house salad was absolutely delicious. I think we have found our new favorite place to eat. The food and service exceeded a 5 star rating. This place is off the charts and you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to go back!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“So much YUMMMM I need to use Caps Lock!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Wow, wow, and more wow! I discovered this little gem today, and I will certainly be returning!

I knew it was going to be wonderful when I walked in and was greeted with "Natural Mystic" by Bob Marley. Then again, any place that has roots reggae on a continual loop will get a thumbs-up from me. :) Music was exactly the right volume; good background music, but not too loud where you couldn't hear yourself think or have a conversation. The restaurant was very tastefully decorated with a muted Caribbean tone- a nice mix that reminded me of Miami, Key West, and Jamaica all rolled in one. I liked the strings of seashells and the gorgeous aquarium. The bar and front part of the restaurant are a bit cramped with a lot of small two-person tables in the middle, but since I was there at lunch, it wasn't overly crowded and there was no wait to be seated.

Service was beyond superb, and I wish I could remember my server's name so I could compliment her to the management. She recommended a few menu items, and even came back to the table right before I was served- the chef noticed I asked for no pico de gallo (since I don't like tomatoes) and asked if I would be okay with the regular red beans and rice (made with a hint of salsa) or if I would like him to make me a serving with no tomatoes. Wow, thanks! Everyone worked as a team and my glass was always filled by any server who walked by my table.

The food- Oh my. Where to begin?? You definitely get your money's worth here. Lunch was served with an extremely tasty (and generous) salad of field greens with mango vinaigrette topped with jicama and carrot. (Yes, I just pulled that verbatim off the menu. It was awesome).

The menu features a nice blend of food from all over of the Caribbean. I ordered the jerk rubbed chicken and was a bit apprehensive. I looooove jerk chicken, but can't handle spicy food (we have a love-hate thing going on). This was absolutely PERFECT. It's the best jerk chicken I've had this side of Kingston. It definitely had a warmth without being overpowering or too spicy.

Veggies were outstanding. It was a simple mix of carrots, broccoli, and zucchini. But oh, that fire-roasting makes all the distance! The veggies were carmelized and slightly sweet and very flavorful. The red beans and rice were actually two separate servings. I was expecting "red beans and rice" (a.k.a. Jamaican "rice and peas"), but no, it was a big helping of beans, and a big helping of fluffy white rice. I mixed them together and THEY WERE DELISH. I literally was stopping servers going "this is AMAZING!"

Prices- as I said, you definitely get your money's worth. High quality, tasty food, and a lot of it. While I normally would balk at $13.95 for lunch (I'm pretty frugal), it was worth every penny. Also, the more time I'm spending in Hudson, I realize that this is pretty par for the course at local restaurants.

• Visited December 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Just Love It”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We love going to the San Pedro Cafe, the food is wonderful and every dish we try is great. They have unique twists on things. It is always crowded and they do not take reservations so we try to get there early on Friday or Saturday nights. Personal favorites are the Conch & Smoked Corn Chowder and Yucatan Pork Stew.

• Visited November 2012