“Adequate”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Hudson
Asheville, North Carolina
“Adequate”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Stayed in this hotel for one night. The first room we received, we were disappointed to find the sheets were dirty (crumbs, stains, etc.) however we were immediately switched to another room which was acceptable/clean bedding. The continental breakfast was quite minimal in the morning. This hotel is convenient to interstate 94 however it is set back off a frontage road, so I think without GPS, it could be a bit tricky to find.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Minnesota
Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed here for New Years Eve and it was a very clean and quiet place to stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was helpful. The breakfast was pretty good (standard continental breakfast fare; waffles, danishes, toast, bagels, etc.) and the hot tub and pool were very nice. I minor quibble is that there was not an available electric plug in next to the desk. But the wifi worked great for us. All in all, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JohnnyDeeelite
SE Wisconsin
Reviewed October 11, 2008

I had reserved a non-smoking room, but was assigned a smoking room, even though the sign on the door said it was non-smoking. The desk clerk told me there were no non-smoking rooms available.

Upon entering the room, I found the smell terrible. The room stunk. There were ashtrays and matches on the desk, so it was used as a smoking room. I had to go to the store to purchase air freshener spray, which did not cover the smell. I reserved a two queen size bed room.

The room was average and nothing exceptional. The setup of the room is quite idiotic. The bathroom sink is right by the entrance door to the room. If you are at the sink and someone opens the door, anyone in the hallway can see you at the sink. If someone wants to get in the room while another person is at the sink, they can't. The person at the sink has to step aside to allow the other person access.

The toilet and shower area is directly across from the sink and is in view of the mirror. Another private area viewable to the public in the hallway with the door open.

I reserved the room that said pets were accepted, but didn't know they charged extra until I checked in. Bed comfort is average. the in-wall air conditioner was poor in cooling the room. The window is blocked so that it only slides open about 8 inches.

Haven't had the breakfast yet, but in looking at the literature, it doesn't look like anything more special than another motel.

This motel is okay for an overnight stay, but I've stayed in better for less money.

• Stayed October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank marleyy
Rochester,MN
Reviewed August 14, 2007

I just stayed at the Hotel, I thought it was GREAT!!!
The rooms were large and comfortable. The Front Desk staff was very friendly and helpful. My son loved the pool.
I will stay here again the next time I am in Hudson.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank greeneyes8126
wisconsin
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We had a girl's weekend planned since last year and I was the one to find the lodging. I didn't have to think twice that we would stay at the Comfort Inn. Very clean and reasonably priced lodging. I was also very pleased with the attendants at the desk. Very helpfull and nice. It's a great hotel for families as well. Has all the amenities needed for a relaxing weekend on the Wisconsin/Minnesota border.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank joskey
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 5, 2005

I was on a roadtrip with my fiance about a week ago and we decided to hop on into the Comfort Inn in Hudson, Wisconsin on our way through Wisconsin to Minnesota. From the moment we entered the door into their comfortable lobby area we knew we had chosen the right hotel for our needs. They had a very nice pool and hot tub right off the lobby that was just perfect for a quiet evening swim. The front desk staff was so welcoming and friendly they made us smile right off the bat! They got us settled into our room quickly and efficiently without missing a single detail. We headed to our room and opened the door to a gorgeous and cozy room. The bed was comfortable and well made, the bathroom was spotless as was the rest of the room. I have yet to find another hotel room that was as clean and well made up as that one was. My fiance and I had an incredibly relaxing and wonderful stay at this Comfort Inn. We will definitely be stopping back in soon even if just to say hi to the very friendly employees. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable, clean, friendly environment!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member