“Saturday Breakfast”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
CrossRoads Restaurant The
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Saturday Breakfast”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My sweetie and I like to try different restaurants from time to time. We had heard that the Crossroads Restaurant had changed ownership in the last year or so. We gave it a try on a snowy Saturday morning. We seated ourselves at a booth and were promptly greeted by our server. I ordered my usual sausage and eggs with hashbrowns, and my sweetie ordered the advertised special with potato pancakes. Now potato pancakes are normally served with apple sauce, but none arrived with her order. We asked for apple sauce and received a dumb look from the server, but she promptly brought a very small souffle cup with some. The potato pancakes tasted like undercooked hash browns, my sweetie said. Later, when we received our bill, we saw that we were charged fifty cents for two cents worth of apple sauce. Next time (if there is a next time) we will know better to order something else.

• Visited December 2013