“Great service, average food”

The Fox & Hounds Restaurant & Tavern
Ranked #3 of 13 Restaurants in Hubertus
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: In 1845, the first clerk of Washington County built a quaint, one-room cabin in the wooded, rolling hills of the northern Kettle Moraine. Nearly 90 years later, Ray Wolf, an avid horseman, restored the cabin, added a basement bar and opened it to fellow equestrians. It soon became headquarters for many a fox hunt, and so the name, “Fox & Hounds” was a natural when the Wolfs opened their restaurant in 1933. You’re invited to relive your wonderful memories of time spent at the historic Fox & hounds and share new memories with us at The New Fox & Hounds Restaurant & Tavern.
“Great service, average food”
Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress, Teresa (spelling) was wonderful! Our meals wee adequate but acceptable. Atmosphere was lovely, but tense. Dummied down version of the original Fox and Hounds but fun for the value

1 Thank skyecameron

Wisconsin
“Bland Food in a Beautiful Historic Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have lived in the area almost my entire life (40 plus years). The old "Fox & Hounds" had excellent food, and my husband's family and ours even went there on Christmas Day. The new owner has changed the menu, but kept the ambiance. I have gone there about five times since they reopened. Buffet is average. No items are made to order (like omelettes). Cream on desserts is not real, but imitation. Regular menu items,such as their steaks are not seasoned well and have too much fat. Chicken dish had very little chicken. Even with the "buy one get one free" deal, it is not worth it unless you are going just to hang out in the bar or you are going for the atmosphere. I wish the owner would bring back the famous Cream of Mushroom Soup and recipe for Shepherd's Casserole. Those two items alone would make it worth the visit.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank bohemianbabe
Waukesha WI
“Poor New Year's Eve Dining Experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

My husband and I almost never go out for New Year's Eve. This was special. Never in all of the time we have been married have I ever ordered lobster and steak until tonight. Lobster and the baked potato were not even warm enough to melt butter on. We could warm the lobster by dipping it into the melted butter served along side of it. So very disappointed. Also, I had ordered my steak to be med. rare. It came med. at best. On such a busy night how do you send something bake--what would the do? Nuke it warm? We have been to this pretty restaurant several times and enjoy the Fri. Fish Fry and have celebrated other occasions there as well. This was the poorest experience. We didn't want to complain and spoil the evening for each other. My husband did write a note to the manager explaining what had happened. We did not expect a refund, but at least the manager could have replied to my husband's note. Nothing. So I'll let you all know how unhappy we were after spending at least $34.00 each on our dinner alone.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank jnjmomma
Sussex,Wi
“BOGOF”
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Why offer such a deal if the food can't be eaten anyway! One of our
steaks was the worst I've ever experienced.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank babsk2
New Berlin, Wisconsin
“Great Atmosphere, food was eh”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Great Atmosphere, food was eh.... I loved walking around and looking at everything... Buy one get one was their saving. Food wasn't the greatest. I had the walleye... not really pan fried like it says. Vegis were def not freshly steamed. Go there for the drive, and to look around! Huge place!

• Visited January 2013