“Not like it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Log Cabin

Log Cabin
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in a Northwoods Log Cabin atmosphere. Featuring pan style omelets and classic breakfasts to start your day, a large variety of sandwiches and specialty burgers, elk and bison from local ranches, along with hand cut meats from our local butcher shops. A variety of freshwater fish and seafood entrees await you along with scratch soups, award winning chili, garden fresh salads and some of the best homemade desserts you have ever tasted.
wisconsin
“Not like it used to be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

I have been enjoying The Log Cabin restaurant in Howards Grove for many years. It is now under new ownership. My latest lunch was a huge disappointment . I had chicken dumpling soup and it was so unappetizing I could not finish eating it. Who puts lima beans and green beans in chicken dumpling soup?. It only tasted like canned chicken broth with canned vegetables and the dumplings were like wallpaper paste. I'm sorry I went. Hope they haven't changed the burgers!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank kaychip

Sheboygan, Wisconsin
“Was a big fan not anymore, Poor New Menu”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Went with a party of 3 people the menu is very hard to read all 3 of us could not find what we wanted to eat. I truly wish we would have got up and walked out. I ended up with the American stand by. Chili, Hamburger and fries and ice-cream for desert. Everything I wanted like spaghetti was only available on another night as a nightly special.
All I can say about the Chili is it didnt come out of a sysco can but maybe it should have. Hamburger no taste, fries tasted like they were made in old grease. My ice-cream was soft serve was hoping for custard or something better. Customer of 20 plus years not anymore.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank DavidU3YS
Sheboygan, WI
“Great Food - Friendly Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We were there with friends, and experienced great old fashioned home style food in a friendly atmosphere. If you want good soup, and down home cooking, this is the place to go.

1 Thank roelskm
texas
“Some good things....Some could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went to the Log Cabin for the Friday night fish fry. They offer both perch and walleye. I opted for the walleye, and it was very good. One of the potato options they offer with the meal is potato pancakes. These were great. I could have eaten a whole plate. On the whole I would rate the food as a 4+. On the downside - They have a fairly small dining room. On Friday nights they are quite busy. You can put in your name in for a table, and wait outside. Nice seating area outside, and they have a bar so you can get a drink while you wait. Very short selection at the bar, however, including no draught beer. When you do get to sit down, it's a pretty rush-rush atmosphere. Food was good, but I know where to go to have a more relaxing Friday fish fry.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank herbeehusker
“Disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

I went to this restaurant with a friend. Wait staff seemed quite disorganized, the food a bit pricey, and the atmosphere chaotic and full of noise. Our order was messed up on the bill as well, we were expecting more.

• Visited February 2013