“I love this place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hazelhurst
Black's Cliff Resort
Reviewed November 29, 2010

Over the last 5 years I have used this resort both as a personal get away and with family and friends especially for Beerfest. The owners have always been super accomodating no matter how large or small a group we are. It is close to Minocqua's activities, yet away from the large vacation crowds. I especially enjoy their dog Poe, who seems to like to check in with me to just say hi are you doing ok. To keep enjoying the northern activities I rely on Jenny's blog, gives me a sense of peace and fun, even when I am working hard in Chicago!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Meerkat114

Reviewed November 24, 2010

It has been over 12 years since I first came to Black's Cliff. It was a recommendation from a co-worker who knew the challenge of finding a resort that accepted dogs. I have been back every year since then visiting with a group of friends in the winter and often returning in the fall. The cabins are very clean and have well equipped kitchens, a good thing since we often stay in and cook to enjoy the cabin. Its great knowing beforehand the quality of the cabin we will have. The owners are very friendly and available for any questions or concerns but leave you to yourselves to enjoy the resort.

Reviewed November 23, 2010

I've been staying there with family for a little over a decade. The cabins are clean and well maintained. The smell of the pine trees is great and the lake is very picturesque. A pair of loons nest on the lake every year and are often seen and heard. Other wildlife that are often seen include herons, otters, bald eagles, pileated woodpeckers, and deer. Jenny and Troy are gracious hosts and are always available, if needed. If you're looking to get away from it all, this is the place. If you like biking, a state bike trail is within two miles of the resort and can be ridden into Minocqua.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank blueslover67
Reviewed November 22, 2010

This is a wonderful place to stay while visiting Northern Wisconsin. I have gone with friends for the past 10 years in the Winter months. The cabins are easy to relax in, cozy and warm with natural fireplaces. The location is exceptional, allowing access to outdoor activities, (skiing, snowshoeing, hiking), amazing scenery and wildlife .
Our accommodations have always been as expected, great!
The owners are warm, welcoming and at hand in any situation. I know we will be returning as it is an annual outing, Black's Cliff is our Winter tradition.

1  Thank Margee1952
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Yearly, my friends & I spend a winter vacation at Black's Cliff. We cross country ski, snow shoe and enjoy the cozy cabins. My family & I have also visited Black's in the Fall -- equally as lovely. The resort's atmosphere is one of warm hospitality and fun. Highly recommend Black's Cliff!

1  Thank etole
Reviewed November 20, 2010

We have stayed at Black's Cliff every year for the past 16 years. It's a wonderful rustic Northwood's resort. Although we have stayed at all times of the year....our favorite times are Spring and Fall. The resort property is very nice. Cabins are clean and well equipped. Jenny and Troy are always great hosts. Enjoy the lake and abundant wildlife.
There's plenty to do in the Minocqua area

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Musky60177
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Driving through the totem pole arch and finding Poe snoozing under the pines is always such a welcome sight after a long drive. There always is plenty of wood and peaceful quiet and memorable camp fires. We practically fight over who gets the first nap on a hanging bed on the screen porch. I love walking through the woods and down to the water and can sometimes lure the best "shop dog" Poe to go along. We've stayed in all but one of the cottages over the years so we don't have any real favorite. Jenny and Todd keep them all extremely clean and well-stocked.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Linda S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hazelhurst
AmericInn Minocqua
#3 of 8 in Rhinelander
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 7 in Minocqua

Been to Black's Cliff Resort? Share your experiences!