“Great restaurant in the Northwoods!”

Jacobi's of Hazelhurst
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Hazelhurst
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
“Great restaurant in the Northwoods!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Yesterday was my birthday and my husband asked where I would like to go to dinner. I requested Jacobi's as we try to save that restaurant for special occasions. Mainly because it is quite a distance from our house, We had planned to see a movie after dinner, so decided to dine early, as soon as they started seating, which was 5pm. When we pulled into the parking lot, it was full of cars. We thought there was possibly a private party that night. When we entered, the restaurant and bar were already full! We asked the hostess for a table and she said she only had one table left! They now take reservations every night, no matter how small or large your party is. Had we known, we certainly would have made a reservation. However, we were seated promptly, but not at a preferred table. Those were all for those with reservations, which is understandable. Our server was a gal who only worked there on weekends and she admitted she wasn't up to date on all the restaurant had to offer. Since it was a Friday night, I decided on the cod fish fry, which came with either soup or salad and a side of many choices of potatoes or rice. My husband chose the garlic stuffed tenderloin, which is a specialty of the house, My fish was heavily breaded, which I didn't particularly care for, but the salad was fresh with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes and cucumbers, The soup didn't sound very appealing, It was a fish, curry chowder, with mussels,salmon and shrimp. I am not fond of curry and neither is my husband, so we both opted for the salad, which apparently was the right choice, We noticed a man at the table next to us ask the server to bring him a salad after he had tasted the soup, We were a bit disappointed that there wasn't a second choice of soup, as my husband and I are soup lovers. My husband said his garlic stuffed steak was wonderful and we both had the sweet potato casserole which was was equally nice. We decided to linger a bit after dinner and have some coffee and share a dessert. The server returned with the dessert we chose with a lit candle for my birthday, which I thought was really nice. We enjoyed the chocolate peanut butter pie. It was very good, All in all, it was a nice dining experience and we will certainly go back......maybe for our anniversary in August.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Carol Z

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“A little bit of history in the northwoods”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Jacobi's has been around a long time, just west of highway 51 in Hazelhurst. It was originally built along side the railroad tracks bring visitors to the Northwoods. It has evolved from a Roadhouse into a fine restaurant. It is in an old home with a small and intimate bar just inside the front door to the right. Fully stocked with capable bartenders. To the left are two dining rooms. During the summer, it is a very popular tourist destination, so make reservations. We went with a couple of foodies, one of who is in the food business. He and I both had rare ahi tuna in honey mustard sauce; he said that if he had been at home, he would have licked his plate clean; that says it all. Being more civilized, I used bread. The soup to start the dinner was superb. When one orders double baked potatoes, you are taking a chance that they've been in a heater for hours and will be dry and crusty. No problem, two of us had them for sides and they were superb. Great atmosphere, drinks, staff and food. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank TLV007
Hazelhurst, Wisconsin
“Very Nice”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Dad flew into town & wanted to visit a "Nice," restaurant with family and friends--Jacobi's exceeded all expectations. A bit on the pricey side, especially cocktails, but lovely waitress with excellent service. Food presentation is ornate and portions are slight but adequate. Love the small town, yet white linen, hospitality.

• Visited August 2012
Hazelhurst, Wisconsin, United States
“Friday Night Fish Fry”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great fish fry at a reasonable price. Went right when resturant opened with my self and 2 children. Was able to be seated right away and was not busy at all. Daughter had the duck and she loved it. Had the fish fry and was one of the better ones we have had. Son had his usual chicken nuggets and could have been better. They appeared to be pre-made/frozen. For the price could have been fresher.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mjc12771
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“My favorite of the northwoods”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

What more can I say? This is my favorite place to eat in all of the Rhinelander, Minocqua, Eagle River, Tomahawk area. When I need a very special treat this is where we go. It is pricey, but the excellent food, atmosphere and service is well worth it. Simply THE BEST. Always, we have been going for years.

Visited October 2012