“Nice find!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sawmill Saloon

Sawmill Saloon
Ranked #18 of 83 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wabasha, Minnesota, United States
“Nice find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We've passed this place several times on our way to other locations over the past few years and finally made time to stop and have a meal. I was a little tentative when we first walked in because at first blush it seemed more of a bar than a restaurant. However, the food was tasty, the service was great, and we even enjoyed (free!) live music while we ate. The portions were generous without being ridiculous and the quality of the ingredients was top-notch. I highly recommend this joint for those who are looking for good, "casual American" fare in a relaxed and authentic Northwoods setting.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jennifer P

Illinois
“Great people, great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've eaten here several times over the years, from morning coffee at Mooselips to breakfast, lunch, and dinner at the Sawmill. Every time, the food was delicious and the company was lots of fun. On the most recent visit, over Memorial Day weekend, we met some locals who were having a blast and made sure everyone else was having a good time too.

Drew talked me into the prime rib, which was a little overcooked, but still delicious and tender. I've had several menu items over the years, and have not been disappointed in any of my choices so far.

• Visited May 2014
Rapid City, South Dakota
“super good!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great fries, best steak sandwich EVER, friendly service. Excellent location right on the snowmobile trail. Spinach dip is awesome too. Yum!

Visited February 2014
Osseo, Wisconsin
“We like the Sawmill Saloon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

When you stay in Cable, WI, in December, you expect to have limited dining options or to drive into Hayward for meals. We were actually thinking about going to the grocery store and cooking in our condo, but on the way to Hayward we spotted the Sawmill and decided to try it. We're SO glad we did. Friendly atmosphere, excellent service, great food, good value, and being a "saloon", great drink options, put this restaurant on our must-stop list for any future visits to the area. The sign said broasted chicken, which sounded great after a day of snowshoeing, and was not only delicious but plenty enough for a meal and a to-go box for a snack another day. If I had to find a complaint, it would be that it was a little chilly in the restaurant, but then temps were -6 to -15 during the evening while we were in the area. The food was so good, we came back the next two evenings. Tuesdays are taco day and I tried the fish tacos, which were quite good. I was a little hesitant to order fish tacos in a northwoods saloon, but they surprised me. My wife had a fish fry and was very pleased. On our third visit for supper, we got there a little early and they told us it was a little early to get the daily special, which was a continuation of the previous day's Indian tacos, I guess. We split an appetizer of a mini pizza, I wish I could remember what they called it, something in Italian. It had artichokes and bruschetta on a wonderful thin crust and was very good. My wife had a patty melt and I had a lumberjack or logjam or something like that with onions and mushrooms, both were excellent, and the accompanying fries were exceptional. The Sawmill serves great food and drink at good prices, I'd rank it as a great value. We'll definitely be back, we're planning a summer motorcycle ride through the great northwoods with a stop here for lunch or dinner.

• Visited December 2013
Amery
“Great place to eat, drink, watch a game.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I've been to the Sawmill Saloon many times. One of the best things about this place is that it attracts both the silent sports enthusiast and the motor sports enthusiasts in the area. The atmosphere is rustic and warm and the food and service are always good. I usually order the camo burger which has swiss cheese, black and green olives.

• Visited November 2013