“super good!!”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Great fries, best steak sandwich EVER, friendly service. Excellent location right on the snowmobile trail. Spinach dip is awesome too. Yum!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

When you stay in Cable, WI, in December, you expect to have limited dining options or to drive into Hayward for meals. We were actually thinking about going to the grocery store and cooking in our condo, but on the way to Hayward we spotted the Sawmill and decided to try it. We're SO glad we did. Friendly atmosphere, excellent service, great food, good value, and being a "saloon", great drink options, put this restaurant on our must-stop list for any future visits to the area. The sign said broasted chicken, which sounded great after a day of snowshoeing, and was not only delicious but plenty enough for a meal and a to-go box for a snack another day. If I had to find a complaint, it would be that it was a little chilly in the restaurant, but then temps were -6 to -15 during the evening while we were in the area. The food was so good, we came back the next two evenings. Tuesdays are taco day and I tried the fish tacos, which were quite good. I was a little hesitant to order fish tacos in a northwoods saloon, but they surprised me. My wife had a fish fry and was very pleased. On our third visit for supper, we got there a little early and they told us it was a little early to get the daily special, which was a continuation of the previous day's Indian tacos, I guess. We split an appetizer of a mini pizza, I wish I could remember what they called it, something in Italian. It had artichokes and bruschetta on a wonderful thin crust and was very good. My wife had a patty melt and I had a lumberjack or logjam or something like that with onions and mushrooms, both were excellent, and the accompanying fries were exceptional. The Sawmill serves great food and drink at good prices, I'd rank it as a great value. We'll definitely be back, we're planning a summer motorcycle ride through the great northwoods with a stop here for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

I've been to the Sawmill Saloon many times. One of the best things about this place is that it attracts both the silent sports enthusiast and the motor sports enthusiasts in the area. The atmosphere is rustic and warm and the food and service are always good. I usually order the camo burger which has swiss cheese, black and green olives.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

On our way down Highway 63 on a Sunday morning we stopped at the Sawmill Saloon for brunch. It has a northwoods cabin atmosphere and serves breakfast until 11, which was reasonablly priced. We were satisfied with our meals and the service was friendly. The menu switches over to lunch at 11.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great food, great staff. Will stop again next time in the area. They Billy Boy sausage stuffed pancake was very good! Neat idea, never thought of that before! :)