“Oh boy!! A super find and great addition to Hayward”
Review of Steve's Kitchen Cafe - CLOSED

Steve's Kitchen Cafe
Cuisines: American, Soups
Lincolnwood, Illinois
“Oh boy!! A super find and great addition to Hayward”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We are so glad we went here!!!!! (Floor to Ceiling Store recommendation.) Very cute place, and a wonderful lunch. The best potato soup I have ever had. Not heavy. It's thickened with baked potatoes and then quartered precooked small potatoes added. It was delicious. My husband and I both ordered the "Steve's" half salad with the soup. Good salad too. Steve has an open kitchen and is very friendly; recommended a beer for my husband. He is from Illinois and was an accountant who always enjoyed cooking. I praised the food and especially the soup so much, he gave us each a delicious oatmeal cookie. Location is on 2nd Street, two blocks from Main Street, so it's away from the congestion during tourist season. Parking available or on street. Get a menu at the front, place your order, and it is delivered to you.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank DEEDEE1940

“Would definitely come back! ”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

My family has been coming up to the Hayward area for years and Steve's Kitchen Cafe is a great little lunch spot! My husband and I stopped in and had a glass of wine and their lunch special and it was DELICIOUS! Very unique and trendy! Would recommend for anyone looking for a quaint lunch location. Oh

1 Thank Karyn S
Arlington Hts., IL
“Great sandwiches, salads, and desserts!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Steve's opened in May of this year. It is a great addition! We had the Asian-inspired pork meatball panini, chicken panini, and chicken pesto salad. All were very flavorful. Save room for the desserts as they too are delicious. We'll definitely go back.

• Visited July 2014
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Good lunch spot!”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great little spot tucked away next to the residential area of town. We had a couple sandwiches, soup, and dessert and some was amazing and others were average. Met the owner and he seems creative and likes to research new dishes. Definitely worth checking out.

• Visited June 2014
Birchwood, Wisconsin
“Bucket List”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a brand new restaurant in Hayward Wi. My niece just got a job there and I am trying to get there to eat. I heard all good things.

Visited February 2014