“Skip this place”

Karibalis Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: One of Hayward'c finect restaurants since 1922. Operated by the same family. Full menu, casual atmosphere. Northwoods atmosphere.Recently remodeled. Popular outdoor deck in back. Friday Night Fish Fry
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Ordered blue gill fish and chips. The coating on the fish, when the order finally came was thick and greasy. Had to peel all the breading off the fish before eating. Tartar sauce was not good. Partners meal was equally as bad. Took forever to get our lunch. Hardly anyone in bar or restaurant so it should not have taken so much time for cook to prepare our meals. Notified server that we were not satisfied and she stated that everyone loved their fish and chips.....

1  Thank Joe W

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Food was very good, I had a pulled pork sandwich which was very flavorful. The selection of tastey Wisconsin craft beers was very good. But on the other hand, the place had a blah atmosphere. I sat at the bar, and truthfully the outside seating did look more inviting. The staff was disengaged with their work and not overly friendly. I may or may not go back here.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

There is nothing more disheartening than visiting a quaint town in Wisconsin and having to eat at a chain restaurant. Thank goodness we found a diamond in the rough. Local family, long history -enough said!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Love the cheese curds, onion rings and Minnesota burger. Every time we go out to eat my husband and family all want to eat @ Karibalis' for steaks, rueben sandwiches and burgers. The salad bar has loads of options in the summer months as well. Go for the Bloody Mary's, with a beer chaser on the side. The old antique bar is cool and love the photos of the family members! I remember Curt Karibalis, Sr. such a charming man with class and style, always dressed in a suit and tie. I wish Curt was still there, he made the place so welcoming and wonderful.

1  Thank Gracie M
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Having been here last year, we thought we'd eat there again. There were 8 of us for dinner - nice server - food was so-so -- the deep fried walleye & walleye on a bun were very good - I personally had steak & shrimp. The steak was served the way I requested but had no flavor and appeared to have been cooked on a flat top-not a char-broiler. The shrimp were good One person had the bbq pork sliders - they were cold; everyone who had French fries said they were awful & cold. My baked potato was really good. When asked what salad dressings were available we were told they aren't stocked for summer yet so we had a choice of 1000, French or blue cheese only. Not sure if we'll be back or not.