“to die for.....scallops!!!!”

Tally-Ho Supper Club
Ranked #14 of 81 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoy fine dining and your favorite cocktail in a casual northwoods setting.
Reviewed August 10, 2014

My recent visit to the Tally Ho was simply fantastic. We started out with the calamari that was cooked perfectly. Not chewy or rubbery at all, and there was a dipping sauce that made it.... just delicious.The blue cheese dressing I would pay to have it sent to my home in a heart beat. It should be bottled and sold in stores all around the world.(or at least in their restaurant) But let me tell you the scallops OMG were hands down the best in my life. Large (the size of a sliver dollar) and cooked in butter and garlic. Another reviewer wrote "mouthwatering" I couldn't agree more!. I was given several options for a side. I decided on mashed potatoes (because I was unsure if i would be left hungry not already knowing the quantity of scallops I think I had 9 in all). They were good as well. Dinner left no room for a dessert. How ever I did have a brandy alexander at the bar it's my new favorite ice cream drink. I enjoyed talking to the bartender. He was very knowledgeable of Hayward and its surroundings. All and all I would give this place 5 stars. I can't wait till next time I'm in town again.

1  Thank Kristie K

Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in at the Tallyho supper club and had an amazing fine dining experience! My husband had the full rack of lamb and it was DELICIOUS. I had the veal, also delicious! Everything was perfectly cooked! The dining room itself is a little outdated, but its very nice and clean! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

On our anniversary, we enjoyed an incredible meal at the Tally Ho. It was our first visit. Our host seated us promptly and we had extremely attentive service. The wine list was extensive and quite good. The meal started with a relish tray of cheese, olive tapenade, and veggies. We chose the antipasto for our appetizer. It was a simply huge amount of fresh and tasty meats and cheeses along with peppers and olives. Our Caesar salads were fresh and topped with shaved Parmesan. We enjoyed our entrees very much-Canadian walleye and the 10 ounce fillet. Both were perfectly prepared and accompanied by fresh veggies and wild rice or potatoes. We couldn't resist the dessert tray and chose the 7 Deadly Sins cake to share. We had to take most of it home because it was so large. The restaurant itself is lovely. The evening ended with a visit from the chef, Chef Susan, who came out to congratulate us on our anniversary. What a great night!

1  Thank Patti N
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I’ve been visiting the Tally Ho restaurant in Hayward for the past 20 some years and have never had a bad experience or left dissatisfied with the food, service or anything. In fact this is one of the few places that I always recommend to friends that may be visiting the area. I ate there twice on my most recent vacation last week, July 20th and the 25th. I had their scallops on Sunday (mouthwatering good) and tried a blackened rib-eye steak on Friday which wasn’t on the menu but the chef accommodated me anyway. It was one of the best blackened steaks I’ve ever eaten. It was so good that I made a point of making sure the cook received a personal compliment. My wife said both of her meals were just as good, seasoned perfectly and is looking forward to our next meal there the next time we visit Hayward. Great atmosphere, excellent food and friendly service. What else could you ask for when going out for an upscale meal. I was a little shocked by the one bad review that I read and can only assume that that person was either having an out of body experience or is one of those grumpy, impossible to please complainers that would be happier eating at McDonalds where they can be in and out in 5 minutes. The bottom line in our opinion is if you haven’t had the pleasure of eating at the Tally Ho, try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Last night of our vacation, so we thought we would splurge on nice dinner. Arrived at 7:30 for reservations at 8 PM, seated at 8:22 PM, salad at 9 PM, RAW pork chop at 9:30. That should say it all, but it gets so much worse. Now, I have been here 4 or 5 times before and had pretty good experiences under JJ's ownership, so i thought we'd stick it out. After I respectfully, but admittedly firmly, asked why our salads were taking over 30 minutes and the table nearby already had to-go boxes, a different server came over and mentioned our server was in the back room crying. He asked if there was anything he could do, and I asked if they had wine. Perhaps a wine list? (Never did see one, BTW) I've heard sometimes supper clubs make money on liquor sales and wondered why we didn't have any. I would have asked the owner, but he was getting plenty of bar service at his table 15 feet away. When our meals finally showed up, my 1/2" thick pork chop (I remember a much thicker portion the last time I was there) was cooked like Ahi Tuna - thin white strip on the outside, absolutely cold raw pink in the inside. My wife's lamb chops were in better shape, but one was dark gray all the way through and other 3 were pretty rare, even though we asked for medium. When the pork chops came back from the kitchen - they were inedibly dry and I sent them back for good. The hostess heard we weren't happy and comped my $5 dollar glass of house wine, but still charged full price for a plate I sent back twice and I didn't really eat. Of course, the finishing touch on this case study of poor restaurant operation was there were no hand towels in the restroom. I fear this is the just the start of long, slow, painful decline in what was a premier supper club in the North Woods. I will keep checking on TripAdvisor, but based on the other poor reviews, I'm guessing this is a trend. Sad day...