“Roomy and Convien”

Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Illinois City, Illinois
“Roomy and Convien”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here three years in a row because it is close to town and family. We always booked one of the rooms that separates the king size bed from the living space which has a pull-out queen-sized sleeper and TV. There was a second TV in the sleeping area also.
It was a great place to stay with our grandson because we could sleep while he stayed up into the wee hours watching his movies. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the bathroom spacious.
The hotel offered a free continental buffet breakfast, but we always opted to have our breakfast in their full service restaurant where the food and service was very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Northern Wisconsin
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip twice within a few weeks time. It was a VERY comfortable room, with a comfortable bed and really great pillows. ...gotta say, I have a hard time finding pillows that work in a hotel for me. The room & bathroom were clean both times. Free breakfast in the morning. I had the eggs & toast. There was pancakes, a waffle or oatmeal also - one choice of each with coffee or milk. I had the eggs, but others had the oatmeal and reported it was really good. They had lunch & supper available and a bar, so we didn't have to leave if we did not want to. The stay was comfortable, the accommodations great and the staff was really friendly and helpful. Had a great stay and would stay here again! Very close to downtown area and anywhere we needed to be.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Clean roomy and homey. breakfast was good, coffee very good, good service for Inn and restaurant. easy to find. quiet, even in a resort town. good value too. would be our first choice to stay at, when coming to Hayward.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CindySG429
Harvard,il
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have family in Hayward and visit often. We always stay there and absolutely love it.
Beautiful rooms,employees are always friendly and very helpful. Highly recommend Flat Creek. I've even came last minute without reservations and they are so helpful, if they have no rooms available, they help me find one nearby. What place does that?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was so so... nothing to talk about but it was free.... wifi was spotty at best... all and all a decent experience. It is literally a few blocks from downtown hayward (main street). Good location.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Denver, CO
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed at this hotel last Sunday and Monday and decided to leave on Tuesday even though it was a free night. The poor serve and lack of breakfast was the reason. We went for the free breakfast on Monday morning. There was one other couple in the dining room. Finally, after waiting for 10 minutes without any acknowledgement from the waitress, we sat ourselves. Another 10 minutes went by when my husband got up and asked the waitress for coffee. Still nothing and finally left without the breakfast. Left the hotel Monday morn and came back later for a sweater. The room was straightened, but it looked as though someone jumped up and down on the beds. There was no absolutely no cleaning on Monday. Same day, the evening clerk stands out the front door smoking a cigarette and telling potential guests she will be there in a minute. Would not recommend this place at all.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank lovetospa

Travelers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Milton, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel as it said it had a restaurant on site & I was looking for convenience. I was pleasantly surprised that I was able to use my AAA card & receive a discounted rate at the hotel, better than what my travel agent had booked! The room was nice,, but no elevator, so inconvenient dragging my suitcase up the stairs. The restaurant was closed on Sunday night, so disappointed & too tired to go looking for another one for dinner, so snacked instead..The hotel offers free wi-fi, so that was a plus!.The room rate included breakfast. I was very disappointed with the breakfast experience...the waitress took "forever" to seat me & even longer to ask for my order... In fact, the woman at the table next to me offered her coffee pot so I could at least sip coffee during my extended wait.. When I announced I was gluten-free, the waitress was clueless & said she could give me whole wheat, rye, etc...I asked if I could substitute fruit for the toast & was told "no.". The scrambled eggs tasted rubbery, so left feeling hungry. If I have to work in Hayward again, I will look at other choices....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Karen B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Comfort Suites
Best Western Spooner Riverplace
The Riverside Motel
The Riverside Motel
#3 of 14 in Hayward

Been to Flat Creek Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!