“Smelly, moldy bathroom....Yuk!”

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Hayward
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Smelly, moldy bathroom....Yuk!”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We used to enjoy staying at this hotel. But the rooms were musty, and damp we even wondered if the sheets were clean, the staff was nice, and the morning breakfast was ok....but the rooms need some TLC.

Room Tip: Make sure it is clean and bathroom is mold free.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
La Crosse
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Two story building with prestress concrete ceiling/floors makes for great privacy and a good nights rest, very quiet place to stay ! The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The only frustration was the computer was down and that could happen to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Dick B
Sheboygan Falls
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was expecting much nicer for the rate... Would have stayed at local Motel if knew ahead of time. Beds suck! It was a long day the next day with a sore back. Room smelled musty and shower was in pretty bad shape. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Travelers are raving about these Hayward hotels

Hayward, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I reserved 2 rooms online for my twin (10 years old) daughters birthday party. My older daughter was going to stay in one room with one girl and her friends and I was going to stay in the other one. I picked all the girls up from school, and they were all looking forward to swimming, eating and hanging out for the night. When we checked in the attendant was extremely rude. We started to carry our stuff up to the rooms and made several comments of "no food allowed in the rooms and keep them clean." I stopped and asked her if there was a problem with us being here, if that was why we were getting attitude from the moment we walked in or if they were to full or something (I even offered to clean the rooms) and if everybody is treated like this or just us? She just said that just the rules, no food in the rooms. Every time we would go up to the rooms or come down to eat or go to the pool she would just watch us like a hawk and give us the dirtiest look EVER! I was so angry with their service I thought about leaving and canceling the rooms and going home. I called the other hotels in town, but they were all booked up. I didn't though because i wanted my kids to have a good time on their birthdays. Least to say i will NOT be going back their, even just to swim. I will NOT recommend them to ANYONE either. The "manager on duties" name tag said Diane. Horrible Service! They will definitely continue to loose service.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Hayward W
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We’ve found this to be a nice place to stay. The staff is friendly and has always offered us some type of discount off the normal rack rate. I don't know if it's a true discount, but it'd nice to think that you did get one. The rooms are clean and offer a refrigerator to keep beverages and food cold. They offer a nice free breakfast, too – it’s not fancy, but provides everything one really needs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Rochester
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Checked in at 4:30 am after long long drive. Front desk offered to heat up some continental breakfast as we were hungry and exhausted. Hotel was recently remodeled and was excellent for a town this size. Reasonable rates! Unbeatable!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Mickey and the whole crew make our trips to hayward memorable. We have been there
many times. Each stay is great, rooms are clean and the morning breakfast is always
just right.
Latest trip I was there alone and the whole crew made me welcome.

Room Tip: When alone I try for room 106, when travelling with famioly we try for connecting rooms 103 and 10...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hayward
Comfort Suites
Best Western Spooner Riverplace
The Riverside Motel
The Riverside Motel
#3 of 14 in Hayward

Been to AmericInn Hayward? Share your experiences!