“Great value for a fun day!”
Review of Wilderness Walk

Wilderness Walk
Stoughton, Wisconsin
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great value for a fun day!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Every year we drive past this attraction on our way to Hayward to pick up some groceries and fishing supplies and yesterday we had some extra time, so decided to stop and check it out. We were glad we did! They have baby animals to pet in the nursey and deers, lambs, peacocks, and geese roaming around. The deers are super friendly and come right up to you. They have other animals in fenced in areas with an informative note telling about them. They also have a wild west town with a "fun house" which made my boyfriend and I dizzy. We are 2 adults who had a great time here and we will come back. Well worth the $12.50.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank beachcruizer77

Hayward, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great family park”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great place to take young children. It's set up really nice and run well. There is food, for both you and some of the animals. Go early before it gets hot.

Visited June 2013
Duluth, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice little zoo”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This was a great little zoo with lots of opportunities to interact with the animals. I even got to pet an young deer's antlers - warm and fuzzy!

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun Day!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Fun day, lots of different animals to see. I liked that the wild animals were just that wild. I howled at a coyote to get him to come out of his hole for a picture and he growled at me...I think it's great that they are still in their wild state, many of these animals are animals we can and will meet in our backyard and would hate for someone to think they were tame pets. Parking is lacking a bit on a busy day, but if you are creative you can find a space. You can bring a picnic lunch and spend the whole day or purchase food there. Great time for all ages. The baby animals in the nursery were adorable. Beautiful peacocks, geese, ducks roaming around amongst you. Deer will walk right up to you and you can pet them. Watching the goats is always a good time. The Western town is neat to see and there are many photo opportunities..

1 Thank Northerngirlnomore
Dekalb, IL
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“An Exciting Adventure for the kids!”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our 2 kids (6 year old twins) loved this place! It was 90 degrees when we were there, but the kids didn't complain because there was so much to look at. They enjoyed the petting zoo, where they got to pet many baby animals. Then we walked the trail around the zoo, looking at each animal in its individual enclosure. While on the trail we were approached by deer, and a really rambunctious baby goat, which made my children laugh! :) As an adult, I was saddened by some of the animals repeated pacing in their small enclosures, but our children did not notice/understand this, and so it was not a problem. There was a spot where the kids panned for gold in some icy cold water, which was well received in the heat. I would recommend wearing walking shoes, and bug spray in the park, as the area is a bit forested. This is a flexible adventure for kids of all ages.

1 Thank MomOTwins1