“A family fun place”
Review of Wilderness Walk

Wilderness Walk
Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Wilderness Walk was a must do when we were in Hayward and my kids were younger. Now they take their children there. Feeding the young animals and playing in the old west town are their favorites

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been going to Wilderness Walk since I was a child (almost 40 yrs now!). Due to the great memories I then took my son, nephew, and just took my 16 month granddaughter for her first visit. Needless to say, just like the rest of us before her, she loved it! She loved the petting area and her reactions to seeing the animals will be a memory that I will never forget! The variety of animals, well kept grounds, and friendliness of the staff will keep us returning for many years to come!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

It was raining but the kids that came with us didnt care! We enjoyed the walk! We will go back when it isnt pouring rain!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We really enjoyed the wilderness walk. We have two young kids, ages 5 and 1 and they loved see all the animals up close and getting to feed many of them. I really like that you get to walk through paths at your own pace. Makes it so much easier with kids. So many animals to see. The free running deer were a real neat thing to see. They do a great job and the animals seem well cared for. The place is big enough too, not too big that you can't see everything. Bring old shoes though, not good for sandals.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was the best activity we found in Hayward for the kids. I only wish I had a video of our reaction when a big buck walked up to the 3 foot fence and jumped over it a few feet from us. We didnt realize that he was one of the deer that walk around the park.