“One of our regular spots”

The Chippewa Inn Supper Club
Ranked #20 of 82 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“One of our regular spots”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is one of our favorite restaurants. It has a German flair but also great American flavors.
Try the Best of the Wurst, it's one of our favorites. Check out the back room it has the owners travel momentos +++. The atmosphere is always friendly. Ask for Kelly.

• Visited May 2013

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Ultimate Steak and Cocktails”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been to the Chippewa many times and have never been disappointed. The supper club is clean and thoughtfully decorated. The bar is intimate and relaxed. The food rivals anything Minneapolis or Milwaukee has to offer. I have dined at every fine steak house in these fair cities, but have never had steaks like I have had here. Perfectly cooked with a salt and pepper crust that will keep you coming back time and time again. The relish plate is yummy and fun as well. I have never had a bad meal here ever. When I am in Hayward this is the bomb for evening summer dining after a day of boating and fishing!

• Visited August 2012
Hayward, WI
“The ultimate steak”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We don't frequent expensive establishments, but the "Chip" is our choice for anniversary, birthday, or when we have out-of-town guests. I've had their schnitzel, their Kassler Ripchen (smoked pork chops), their regular pork chops, the duck and the pork hock. All are very good. But in recent visits, I try to limit myself to their better cuts of steak. This visit was the New York Strip. Ordered medium well, it was PERFECT, pink in the middle, so nicely charred. and the rub they use is just as I like it (a little on the salty side, yum!). I just can't cook a steak like this at home, so let the pros do it!
I don't usually eat much from the complimentary relish tray, as the entree portions are large, and I want to save room! But they have the traditional selection: crackers, crudites, ham spread, cheese spread, pickled peppers and herring.
Their salads are always quite good, a nice variety of greens. I often don't finish my salad (I'm a slow eater) before the entre arrives. I look at my remaining salad wistfully, but it is soon forgotten as I tackle the steak.
The bar inventory is pretty impressive, and has a "Cheers" atmosphere, with lots of regulars.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank VSRubato
Wisconsin
“What a gem!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Live piano and flute on Saturday night. Food was hot, fresh, cooked perfectly and drink selection was great. Well worth a stop!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank TrixieWI
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
“Very great atmosphere!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Definately worth the stop! The restaurant is filled with things to look at from beer steins to dollhouses. There food was great, I did have to send my steak back as it came back pretty rare when I asked for medium-well. They do a great job of explaining the history of the restaurant on the menu. Each meal includes a relish tray which was a nice treat and there was a lady who played the piano in the bar area was an added bonus.

• Visited August 2012