“"Amazing hidden gem in Hayward, WI"”
Review of The Fireside

The Fireside
Ranked #31 of 82 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Award winning cuisine. 11 miles from downtown Hayward ,wi.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“"Amazing hidden gem in Hayward, WI"”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Just discovered The Fireside...WOW, am I glad we did! Don't know why we haven't discovered this restaurant until now. Everything was fantastic, from the creative, amazing food to the service! The appetizer mushroom risotto with truffle oil was out of this world, and our entrees (scallops, and beef tenderloin with fois gras and fried duck egg) were incredible! Our server was friendly, helpful, and fun! We were too full for dessert, but the options looked wonderful. We almost fell over when the bill came...given what we'd ordered we expected our bill to be much higher! What an amazing value! We will most definitely be back!!

• Visited July 2012
9 Thank KarenZB1

Burnsville, Minnesota
“Fine Dining in a Relaxed Atmosphere”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The Fireside serves up sophisticated fare in a beautiful relaxed nothewoods setting. While not cheap, you DEFINATELY get what you are paying for!
We dined on Saturday night with an 8pm dinner reservation. We arrived and were seated immediately at a table with a beautiful view of the woods.
Our dinner began with a complimentary relish tray - veggies, dip, cheese, crackers, peppers, pickles, olives and pickled herring. It was delicious. I ordered the duck tenderloins as a starter - they were panko coated and lightly fried served with a black pepper sauce. They were AMAZING. My girlfriend ordered the carribean influenced crab cake - light and fluffy with a mango chutney. It was also excellent. Salads followed with a wonderful homemade honey mustard vinagrette. For the entree, my girlfriend ordered the clams and I ordered the special - an 8 oz fiet topped with fois gras and a fried duck egg. The meals arrived in a timely fashion - not too fast, not too long. Her clams were steamed in white wine and served over an angel hair pasta with a red sauce. (I stole some of hers). The clams were the most tender I have ever had and had a delicate flavor. The red sauce was zesty and well balanced. The pasta was of a high quality. Now for mine... AMAZING!!! The filet was the most generous 8 oz I have ever seen (halfway through eating it, I think I still had 8 oz left!) It was cooked to a perfect medium rare as requested and was fork tender - no knife needed. The fois gras was a full duck liver sauteed and pressed - cooked to a buttery smoothness. The fried duck egg covered it all and was cooked perfectly - tender. The entire dish was surrounded by a melenge of mushrooms and diced potato and onion in a red wine reduction. This has made my short-list of what I would choose for a last meal. We paired the dishes with a couple glasses of the house red wine from their extensive wine list. Upon finishing, I retired outside for a cigarette (I wished I had a cigar for this meal) while my girlfriend ordered one of their homemade desserts. As she says "I don't remember what it was called, but it was damn good!" (It was pastries with iced cream inside with various sauces.
If you are looking for an EXCEPTIONAL dinner - A romantic night out - or just the best meal you will have while you are in Hayward, WI you have got to go to the Fireside.

Visited June 2012
10 Thank Jeremy_Deysach
Hayward, Wisconsin
“Unbelieveable taste!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The scallops were outstanding! I have never tried escargo, what a treat, I wanted more-they were soooo good. My husband had the steak, melted in his mouth. Very satisfying meal. If you want to treat yourself, don't miss this gem in Hayward!
The staff is so friendly & the bartenders are amazing! Try the key-lime pie drink, very good!!

• Visited August 2011
17 Thank Muskymom
Hayward, Wisconsin
“Splendor in the woods”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Inviting setting with a relatively small but excellent menu. The braised pork shank is superb with a skillfully blended mixture of flavors. There has been an attrition of excellent restaurants in the Hayward area in the past few years, but this one remains true to its legacy.

• Visited February 2012
16 Thank thehighlands
Wisconsin
“Excellent food in the northwoods”
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Finding the quality of food and service that the Fireside offers in Northern Wisconsin is challenging. Each time I have been there I have never been disappointed. The menu is thoughtfully planned out with reasonably priced entrees. From beginning to end you can tell the proprietors and employees take pride in serving high quality food, making sure the customer is a priority and genuinely care about the overall experience you are having. I would recommend this restuarant to anyone who is interested in having a relaxed, high quality meal in a fine dining atmosphere.

• Visited February 2012