“Ok place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Famous Dave's - CLOSED

Famous Dave's
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Watertown
“Ok place.”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

This place has declined over the years. The service was lacking had to always be chasing our waiter down. Food was just so-so. My brisket was fatty and not the warmest. Drink refills were hard to come by. We did love the décor of the place.

Hayward, Wisconsin
“Terrible service and food not very good.”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The terrible service started when we had to ask for a children's menu and then never got any crayons to go with it. We had to ask for our water to be refilled. We ordered the Feast for 2. I did not keep track of the time but it took forever to come. My son asked for more milk and he did not receive it until after he had finished his meal. We were not checked on at all during our meal and were never asked if we wanted dessert. The corn in our meal was overcooked and mushy. I was excited about the ribs but to my great disappointment they were so tough it was like eating jerky. We went on a Sunday afternoon and it was not too busy. We will not be going back.

• Visited June 2014
“Just didn't do it for me.....”
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a weekday for dinner with family. Overall I would rate it in between average and very good. Full slab of ribs were very good but the two sides that come with the ribs were quite small. My daughter ordered Mac and cheese, but her dish came out cold. We did not sit near the lake so that may have made the atmosphere average. Since I visited once, probably would not visit again. I'm sorry, but there isn't anything special that would make me want to go back again.

Alexandria, Louisiana
“Very nice dinner on the lake”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

Always enjoy dinner at the original Famous Dave's outside Hayward, Wisconsin when in the area on business. Lake setting is beautiful along with nice BBQ menu. Believe it or not, the catfish are excellent. Being from Louisiana, I can evaluate catfish and Dave's does an excellent job. Strips fried nice and crisp on the outside and moist on the inside....they know and understand the correct temp to cook catfish! Good beer selection along with cold and 22 oz if you like beer! Have to say the St. Louis style ribs are great as well.

Ladysmith, Wisconsin
“Day Trip”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

So, we were heading up to Cable, WI to see a greenhouse there, don't bother, it looks way better on their website, so we stopped in Seeley for a brew, at the local saloon there, oh and we also stopped at Mulberry Street, but did not find anything. Then on the Famous Daves on Round Lake, what a great place. We have probably been there, well we've been there a lot let me tell you. This time we decided to skip the entrees and head straight for the burgers and other sandwiches. My wife had the pulled pork sandwich, but we started off with the onion strings, they were amazing, brought them home to put on our burgers. I had Daves Favorite burger and although it was well done it was not dry, which is quite the trick, something I've never been able to do.
I have to say that the wife's pork sandwich was better than my burger, but they are known for pork stuff so it makes sense. After a Moose Drool and a couple of long island teas it's home to Ladysmith. Great day trip, you should try it, but again, skip the greenhouse, a big fat zero there.

• Visited May 2014