“Get with the program”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Spooner, Wisconsin
“Get with the program”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had commended Famous Dave's for FINALLY getting a gluten free menu. I had since returned and was told they did away with the gluten free menu "because if someone gets sick, they can sue". That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It is not a dedicated facility so even if the food is gluten free and prepared seperately there is STILL a chance you can get sick and I assure you no person with celiac disease is going to sue you. A) it's stupid and B) it wouldn't hold up in the court of law.

So my server, who happens to be cousin, told me that we can recommend things for you but the only thing she could remember is the chicken. Well, I didn't go to Famous Dave's for chicken so I asked her to check with a cook or another server what the other options were. Well, she wouldn't do it because she was tired. I know I'm related to her but it really was frustrating. The servers should be better educated. I was really disappointed because I go here all the time, it's the only one I will go to and I recommend it all the time. I really can't say that going here will be high on my list anymore.

To be positive, the chicken was really very good but disappointed that I had no other options.

• Visited June 2013

birchwood
“badmfirst time impression”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

food was cold and over priced the waitress was pleasant .We brought six people hoping for better food

Visited May 2013
Hayward, Wisconsin
“Not a Corporate Store”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We have frequently eaten at Famous Dave's in Stillwater, MN in the past. So much so, that we became members of their Famous Dave's Internet Club. When our son had his birthday he was sent a gift certificate from the "club" to be used on his birthday. We decided to celebrate his birthday at the "Original Famous Dave's" near Hayward, WI. When we presented the certificate our server said loudly, "We don't honor those certificates at this location - We are not a "corporate store". Needless to say we were disappointed and embarassed to the point where we left without ordering. We will not return to this restaurant again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank DonByle
Fremont, California
“All it's cracked up to be!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time at the original Famous Dave's barbeque shack! We got the giant feast for 4 and my wife noticed that I had never eaten so many ribs--her favorite --not necessarily mine until now.

The meal was served on a garbage can lid. Not sure of the history behind that? Also I couldn't find any signs that said it was the original Famous Dave's but all the waitresses assured me it was as did my brother and his wife!

• Visited May 2013
Tomahawk, Wisconsin
“It's the original restaurant!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Food was great, made for the hungry person. I love their corn muffins and pork - pulled, on the rib, or any way they prepare it!

Visited December 2012