“Fresh, fresh, fresh”

Cuisines: Vietnamese, Chinese
Hayward, WI
“Fresh, fresh, fresh”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

With the processed, frozen and deep fried stuff served at most Oriental restaurants these days, Huong's is a treat! Very fresh ingredients, the marinated noodle salads are outstanding. Cucumbers, cilantro, tomatoes, romaine, marinated spaghetti (nuoc sauce) and freshly sauted meat of your choice (or won tons). I rarely get anything else, as it's hard to find a great salad in Hayward. I'm a regular!!!
Be forewarned ... no credit cards accepted ...

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank VSRubato

Stillwater
“Great Food, Nice hospitality”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Regarding the lady from "the large Metropolitan area" who wrote a review below - I think that was very rude. I also am from a large metropolitan area and have dined at the high end places too (all around the world for that matter).. We are talking Hayward WI here and some nice down home Vietnamese cooking. They use fresh ingredients and in the summer even use veggies from their own garden. The owners are a cute couple (man American who served in Vietnam and his Vietnamese wife). They are charming and accommodating. The food was masterfully cooked and delicious. Will definitely return!

Granted it's not a fancy dining room but is clean and service is good. Takeout available.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cinna651
Lincolnwood, Illinois
“What a HUGE disappointment!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I went out of our way to visit this Vietnamese restaurant. It is run by a husband and wife. They are known for their spring rolls. We ordered these and they were immense, about 6 inches long and 2 incles in diameter. The cover was a rubbery wonton skin. It was impossible to pick the roll up, so we had to cut it. It was stuffed with chopped salad ingredients, so we were basically having a salad. The husband is also the matre'd and waiter, and he brought two sauces, our salad dressing. For dinner I ordered Curry Chicken w'Ginger & Lemongrass, containing onions, celery, mushrooms & water chestnuts. It was presented with a pea green gloppy mess on top reeking of curry powder. The same "salad" ingredients were in this disgusting dish. I did find water chestnuts, but no mushrooms, ginger or lemongrass. My husband ordered Sweet & Sour Pork with mixed vegetables (our salad) peapods (non-existent) and pineapple. We are from a major metropolitan area and are familiar with many different ethnic restaurants, and this was the worst Vietnmese restaurant we've been to. We will not go back..

• Visited August 2012
Vail, Colorado
“Do not judge a restaurant by its looks!”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

We were in town for the Birkie and wanted something healthy to eat for lunch and one of my friends has Celiac Disease. A women suggested Huong's. She was right, the spring roles were excellent. Fresh veggies and big! The owner was so nice to us and helpful. Everything is made fresh and in-house. We also had the pork wonton soup and the brown rice with veggies. Simple choices but I would go back there in heart beat and eat other items on their menu. It is not fancy inside but very clean. I would definitely recommend this place. Its off the main drag so ask someone for directions.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank minichix
Missouri
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 21, 2011

We chose to try Huong's based purely on the previous review. We pulled into the empty parking lot and looked at the not too impressive exterior of the restaurant. We all looked at each other and asked if we dare risk it. We were in for a treat. The couple that owns the restaurant are wonderful. You must try the spring rolls, they are delicious and filled with veges from the owners' garden. They told us we must come back to try their chicken wings so we will be back. The other dishes we tried were so good too. They will adjust the spiciness or ingredients in each dish to your liking so just
ask. As we left, my son said he learned not to judge a restaurant by it's exterior. The food is wonderful and fresh, give it a try.

2 Thank happy2bonvacation