“Expensive and such a disappointment.”
Review of Club 77

Club 77
Ranked #27 of 82 Restaurants in Hayward
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Itasca, Illinois
“Expensive and such a disappointment.”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Sadly I had the worst meal, service, and experience at this restaurant. The drinks were weak, cheese dip and relish tray good, salad filled with brown iceberg lettuce, Caesar (a $2 up-charge) absolutely flavorless. The ribs were so fatty and the Steak Diane (should have been alarmed when waiter made comment he hadn't served it for a long time) was raw steak with a sauce with a horrible after taste. Served with no potato or pasta as promised and charged $26. The waiter had no idea how to deal with it and the owner became offended and unaccommodating. Overall, will never go back and advise all to head to one of the other wonderful Hayward restaurants.

• Visited September 2011
6 Thank jlather

Roselle, Illinois
“So Sad it was a great place now horrible”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We had not been there for a few years. We were looking forward to a great dinner at a reasonable price. Our first shock was the prices I thougt I was in one of the best steakhouses in Chicago. Ordered our dinnner got our salady, my lettuce was brown sent it back only to get another brown salad. Then the ribs were served very fatty, steak diane sauce was awful. So decide to talk to the manager since the waiter was no where to be found. He state the ribs were great and took a look at mine and said that is how they should be.. so ok.. do you think he was at least say sorry you are disappointed no he walked away.. We got our bill and really had a issue.. one of the guys in our party went up to him and said to him...really you need to adjust this bill. So he did but not willingly. We will never go back again. So sad was a great place at one time since the new owners took over quality and friendlyness out the door. Rudeness and high prices now in.

• Visited September 2011
5 Thank 2011travel123
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“The amazing food was well worth tolerating the so-so service.”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Wonderful Wisconsin roadhouse with amazing food. Wide array of martinis, beer, and wine. Entrees (about $25) include starters of fondue or a relish tray and come with a salad, choice of potato or pasta, and veggies. The rib eye was outstanding, as were the ribs and the flour-less chocolate cake. The place was packed and they squeezed us in without a reservation, so we didn't mind too much that the server was a bit overwhelmed (forgetting to refresh our water glasses and never asking if we wanted another round of drinks). Of course, we could have spoken up! The meal was astounding. I'll be visiting every time we vacation in the Hayward area.

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank MidwestMom_11
Madison, Wisconsin
“More than pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was on a girls weekend and when I asked at a local bar where to go, I was told Club 77
We went in and sat at the bar and we were promptly given a Martini menu, I am a HUUUGE martini fan, I had a martini, can't remember the name,Something to do with James Bond, that was so smooth and packed a punch. The bartender was a Gregory Peck/Mr Big look alike, not kidding! When we had dinner, I couldn't believe how good it was, I had the fresh ahi tuna, I was skeptical, since I was in Northern Wisconsin but it was fabulous!! Our server was a little rushed but sweet. What I thought was so charming was that the owners, a family were all there and cared so much about our dining experience, I would have found that so charming on its own but the food was GOOD.....really GOOD

• Visited June 2011
Elgin, Illinois
“Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Club 77 has been my favorite Hayward-area restaurants for several years now. I was concerned when Dana and Rob passed away, but my last visit (6/9/11) alleviated those fears. I thought the service was very good and the food was delicious (I had the lamb chops). We also enjoyed the ice cream drinks after dinner. Wonderful restaurant.

• Visited June 2011

Been to Club 77? Share your experiences!