“Excellent steak, great atmosphere, and accommodating staff”

Palmer's Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 28 Restaurants in Hartland
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I've dined at Palmers a few years back and I recently stopped in between a drive from Madison to Milwaukee and it was another great experience. I had the bone in ribeye which was cooked to perfection and the price was right. The only thing I will say is to make a reservation - it was a Thursday evening and the place was packed. However, the staff made sure I was taken care of and set me up in the bar area as soon as a top opened (within 10 minutes) and I was able to watch the Thursday night football game. The next time I take my wife, I'm planning on a reservation at by the fire place and a nice bottle of wine from their great wine list.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a great spot for a good steak, I've eaten at Palmer's numerous times and love their steaks. The food always comes out as ordered. In the colder months they light the fire place, very cozy

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I had dinner with my cousin here on Wednesday Dec 5th. I had a nice pour of Knob Creek bourbon for an appetizer and ordered the New York Strip med rare. Came out quickly and perfectly cooked. The house was decorated well for Christmas and on what seemed like would be a slow night the house was quite busy. I arrived without at reservation and was seated within minutes for a table of 2. Our dinners for 2 with 1 drink apiece came to $85 including the tip. I didn't think that was too terrible.

Would recommend coming back if I'm ever in the area.

1  Thank Chris_Nalley
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Our service was on the slow side. I had the daily fish special: parmesan crusted Halibut cheeks over spinach & wild rice & was dissapointed-the fish was cooked well but wa sadly missing flavor. Our waitress was very nice & provide us a complimentary dessert-but I would have preferred a tasty dinner. I also had some a glass of white wine taht was not as cold as I like. The atmosphere, salan & bread were all great! Wil definitely try again & hope for better on our next visit!

1  Thank Aligoo
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Tonight was our 41st anniversary. We decided to enjoy a dinner at this location. It is Christmas time, and the outside of the property is inviting, with tasteful lighting inviting us in. The inside's decor was beautiful! From the minute we walked in, until we departed we were treated to the type of experience we ofen wish for at a restaurant... our server, Robin, was attentive and thoughtful. She allowed us the time to savor each course. We started our meal with a baked bree appetizer. This was followed by soup or saled; by each trying one, we got to taste both. I ordered grilled orange roughy, and my husband had a rib eye steak. Both were cooked perfectly. The only challenge for the evening was getting up and down the steps into the restaurant. My husband has mobility issues, and it took a lot of effort to make it into the place.