“Great little cottage”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Cathy C
Cheshire
“Great little cottage ”
Reviewed December 8, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

I've just returned from a weeks break in this little cottage. I contacted the rental company prior to this due to a previous comment made re the bedrooms. I was assured that the beds were not pieces of foam and following a previous complaint the mattress foam topper had been removed.
We found the cottage exactly as described. The house is heated by electric convector heaters and the open fire. Like most rural old cottages, it was cold on arrival but soon warmed up. The stairs are narrow and steep leading either side to bedrooms in the eaves. The beds were proper mattresses upon futon bases. The ceilings are so low you couldn't put a full height bed up there. The beds were firm but comfortable and I'm used to sleeping on a deep memory foam mattress, but I slept well. I struggled with my arthritis getting up from the floor level.
We found the description provided to be accurate. The summer house would be a bonus in summer. It would be tight to sit 6 around the table. We paid under £300 for a week and it was good value for money.
The only advice is don't buy fuel at Waitrose or the petrol station.
The little village shop sells logs and coal at half the cost.
Great walks and views

christine...
Lancashire, United Kingdom
“a lovely cottage in beautiful area, stunning views and walks.”
Reviewed October 31, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed here with my family and the cottage and sun room were clean and the kitchen well stocked. Ideal for visiting the island and great views.. my issues are that it states 2 double bedrooms for 4 people then goes on to say it will sleep 6 people. the dining table has 4 chairs. My problem was that is does not tell you that the main bed is a matress (5 Ins deep) on the floor. The second double bed is 2 x 1 inch thick peices of foam on pallets. plus there was a fold up camp bed in the room. My grandchildren could not sleep on the foam bed and they both went home after 4 days. I slept on the single camp bed and stayed for the 7 days, just because I had paid for them.... I would expect this if I was camping but not for nearly £500.00
Also, there was no starter pack of wood, my family arrived at 11pm because of accidents on the motorway, I had to go down on the road with a torch to look for them as there was no signage to the cottage... please take your own teatowels as well because none were provided. Although I was give £50 off the price after complaining, it does not make up for missing special times with my family as I am 70 years old.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the views, the sun house, well eqiped kitchen but would not fit 6 around dining table.
Liked least: the beds..... more akin to a camping trip..... not value for money
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing