“Soon to be famous but better courses nearby”

Erin Hills Golf Course
Ranked #3 of 15 things to do in Hartford
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Playing 2017 US Open here so we wanted to play it. Walking only links course with caddies required unless you carry your own clubs. Fun to play but as a better than average golfer, I found the ladies tees and bit short. My husband is a good senior golfer and the whites were over 6400 yards for him. They do provide a combo white/red tee box at 5800 yards but the mix was not very good in my opinion. Overall, I would rather spend the money at Whistling Straits which is 45 minutes away, also a links course with better caddies, clubhouse and course.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My group has been going there for 5 years and the improvements they have made are incredible. We are staying this year at the Golf Cottages (and did last year). After a nice round of golf (about a 9 mile walk) - great to come back to the cottage, have a drink and relax before dinner. The restaurant is next door to the cottages and some of the best steaks you ever have!

A 45 minute drive from Milwaukee - easier to get to and much more cost effective than Kohler! Do Erin and you'll be glad you did!